AN OUTLAW PROMOTION

With the rise of pro wrestling's popularity and nearly every American now owning a television set, the territory days became obsolete and getting on television was the next big thing. The GWA finally got their local TV deal, but in retaliation to Gina and I getting married, Mr. Carter made sure that BCW wouldn't be included, or able to run live shows anymore. He saw to it that BCW no longer had a place in Philadelphia, or the GWA.

Despite all the hard work my father put in his business, building it up from nothing by himself to grow large enough to join the GWA, they would say "I'm nothing like my father" and kick BCW out making it an outlaw wrestling promotion.

Being outlawed made it hard to run shows, hire major talent, or do much of anything that mattered in the professional wrestling world. So I let all who wanted to go out of their contract with BCW. However, God was still with me.

That same year, in 1988, one of GWA's local promotions in the south, that was on television, was bought out by the television station owner named, Rob Taylor. A name that was also in the blue binder Gina had.

He loved wrestling and over the next year, Gina and I built a strong business relationship with him over the next few years. A lot of the talent left when he bought the company so I sent wrestlers that were still loyal to BCW over to Georgia to wrestler for his company, UWC (Universal Wrestling Corporation) on television.

BCW was still considered an outlaw promotion, but my wrestlers were still featured a national television station instead of a local one like the IWP had. Once news got out us having our wrestlers on national TV, most of the IWP guys left the company to either sign with me, or the WWF whom was signing deals for massive amounts of money.

Mr. Carter was furious at the sight of his talent leaving for greener pastures and blamed it all on me and Gina. It didn't help that he also had Lamar and Franklin in his ear bad mouthing both Gina and I behind our backs.

Rumors began to circulate that Mr. Carter was looking to have Gina and I both killed which turned out to be true. A friend of the family showed Gina a fake will Mr. Carter had made saying, in moments of our death we would leave everything to Joseph and make him Joseph's legal guardian. We were both beyond shocked and appalled to see it. Once again my life was in jeopardy and we had to make our moves before he made his.