The Matchmaking Sorting.

Sorry that this update took so long I was ill and then it was Christmas and we went to see some friends for a bit but here it is now. I hope you enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginny Weasley stepped out of the train, dragging Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom behind her. She made a beeline for the nearest carriage and ducked inside, glad to be out of the pouring rain. Luna sat next to her and she blushed slightly, before turning to Neville and asking him what he thought about the new law. He was just about to answer when they were interrupted by Harry, Ron and Hermione. Ginny grinned at them and then did a double take. Behind them were Pansy Parkinson, Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini. She stared for a minute and then turned to the golden Trio with a knowing glint in her eyes, grinning wickedly.

"Hello, Malfoy, Parkinson, Zabini" Neville nodded stiffly at them, turning to Harry with a questioning look in his eye.

"We decided all the fighting was stupid and petty and therefore we have decided to make a truce and become friends!" Harry replied, blushing faintly.

"Hello," Luna said to the three Slytherins, lighting up the carriage with her smile.

The rest of the journey was spent in awkward conversation, with Ginny throwing knowing glances between the Golden Trio and the Slytherins. Once they reached the castle, they split up to go and sit in their separate house tables. Ginny grinned and sat next to Hermione.

"Someone's got a crush!" Ginny whispered, her eyes sparkling.

Hermione glared at her and didn't respond, instead choosing to stare at Professor McGonagall and watch the sorting. Ginny was far too nervous to watch the sorting and instead zoned out, dreading who her match would be. She didn't know how they were going to sort them into pairs and she was scared of being put with someone she hated. She wished she could be with Luna, but she knew that it would not be possible as their matches were supposed to be for children and she and Luna would not be able to do that. She sighed, and then grinned as food appeared on the table. She grabbed some Yorkshire pudding, and other foods and proceeded to stuff herself full of the house elves delicious cooking. Once the main course had been cleared away, she turned to look at the Ravenclaw table and grin at Luna. She noticed a first year watching her with awe on their face and turned to them, going cross eyed and sticking her tongue out. The first year looked away, frightened, and Ginny turned back to the table, grabbing some meringues and ice cream. Once the feast was finally finished, Professor McGonagall told all the Seventh and Eighth years to stay behind, and Ginny exchanged a nervous glance with Hermione, Harry and Ron.

"You will be paired with your future partners tomorrow, but for tonight you will be using some of the spare dormitories in your houses. You will not have any classes tomorrow, and you will be staying behind after breakfast. I will explain more tomorrow but for now, off to bed with you all!"

The Seventh and Eighth years walked silently back to each of their houses, far too worried to talk to each other.

Ginny woke up the next morning, happy and content to be back at Hogwarts, until the memory of the new law hit her. She groaned, heading for the bathroom to shower and dress. She passed Hermione on the way, and tried too smile. It was more of a grimace, but Hermione didn't notice. She was too busy repeatedly banging her head on a book and groaning. She was already dressed, but she was waiting for Ginny. Ginny shut the bathroom door and leant against it sighing, before turning the shower on and getting ready for the morning. Once she was ready, she walked out of the bathroom, grinning at Hermione weakly. Hermione got up quickly off her bed, and hugged Ginny. They both proceeded to walk down the stairs together, joining Harry, Ron and Neville on the way. Once they got to the great hall, Ginny made eye contact with Luna and grinned at her again, blushing. She sat down and ate her breakfast, although she felt a bit queasy due to her nerves. Breakfast seemed to end far to soon and Ginny stayed seated along with the other Seventh and Eighth years.