The Aftermath

Sorry it has been so long since I updated I have had my mock GCSE exams and they were very stressful! Hope you enjoy this next chapter!!

Recap: Ginny, Luna, Hermione, Pansy, Draco, Harry, Blaise and Ron talked together until Professor McGonagall walked up to them and handed them each their envelopes. She explained to them that they were all in a common room together and to open their envelopes to get the instructions of where it is and the password.

The Group walked down, talking loudly and getting along like a house on fire. Ginny and Luna were walking closely together in front of the group, looking lost in their own world. The rest of the group walked together talking nineteen to the dozen. Eventually they reached a portrait of a young woman in a pale yellow dress who smiled at them kindly.

"Password?" She asked, her green eyes glittering.

"Pumpkin Pasty," replied Hermione confidently, after quickly checking.

The portrait swung open, revealing a beautiful sitting room. Everyone climbed quickly through the portrait hole to get a good look at their new home. The sitting room was light and airy, with a large window showing a view of the Black Lake. There were several large comfortable sofas and armchairs, as well a bean bad. A large fire was roaring in the grate, and on one side of the room the wall was covered by a large bookshelf. There was a cosy kitchen and a large, stone spiral staircase took up one corner of the comforting room. Hermione smiled happily, before running up the stairs to see what the living situation was upstairs. The group came out onto a landing, with painting dotted along the stone walls, as well as a few more random bookshelves. 4 doors stood along the short corridor, their warm wooden tones giving a cosy vibe to the old stone walls. Each door had a small name plaque on it, with the names of the two people who would be living there. Hermione and Pansy walked into their room, looking around curiously. They entered into a snug bedroom. The walls were covered with posters and plants, and the large four poster beds looked warm and comfortable. There was a cheerful fire heating the room, and in one corner of the warm stone room was another door. Hermione opened it and found a beautiful bathroom. She smiled and then went back into the bedroom. Pansy was sitting on one of the beds, shuffling through a pack of cards. Hermione smiled at her, and then started unpacking her trunk, which stood at the end of her bed. She put her clothes in the large wardrobe on one side of her bed, and then unpacked her books onto the bookshelves above her desk. She then pulled out a few other items which she placed on her desk, which face a large window. She stared at the surrounding Scottish countryside for a minute, until she was jolted back to reality by Pansy's voice.

"Why is there a random owl figurine on your desk?"

Hermione turned around, raising her eyebrow.

"Because I wanted a random owl figurine on my desk. Also, it was given to me by my mum, and she told me it would be a good desk ornament," Hermione answered, grinning slightly at the pureblood witch.

Pansy grinned back at her before turning back to her cards.

"Aren't you going to unpack," said Hermione, curiously.

"Can't be bothered," came the reply.

Hermione nodded and then picked up her book, wanting to finish it before it got too late.

Luna looked around her new room, grinning. The old stone walls were covered in painting and plants, as well as a few Holyhead Harpies posters. She stared at the large mirror for a second, before turning to Ginny and smiling gently at her. She and Ginny had already unpacked and they were now playing I spy for absolutely no reason. Once they had finished their second game, they decided to go back downstairs. They no longer had a curfew, so they could stay up as long as they liked. They exited their room, chatting happily. Once they reached the sitting room, they stopped to observe the sight of Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter curled up on a sofa reading a book together. Luna grinned, they looked so peaceful. Unfortunately, the moment was ruined by Ronald Weasley running like an elephant down the stone stairs and tripping over his own feet, whilst simultaneously complaining about being hungry. Harry quickly jumped off the sofa to help his best mate up whilst Draco blushed like a tomato and they muttered about going to have a shower. Luna and Ginny sat near the fire, continuing their conversation whilst Harry read his book again and Ron stood in the kitchen snacking. Hermione came downstairs ten minutes later, dragging a grumbling Pansy and Draco behind her. In her other hand she held a muggle game called Twister.

"We are all gonna get o know each other better by playing a fun game of twister!" She said, grinning wickedly.

Soon, they had Twister all set up and they began playing. It lasted well into the night, before they all finally retired to bed.

The next morning, Pansy groaned at the shrill sound of her alarm. She shut it off and then turned over, going back to sleep. Before she could, however, Hermione literally pulled her out of her bed, glaring.

"You will be late for class if you don't wake up now!" She said, glaring slightly.

Pansy sighed but obeyed, collecting her uniform and changing in the bathroom. when she went back into the bathroom, Hermione was already dressed and reading a book. As soon as Pansy entered, she grinned and put the book away. They walked downstairs, wondering what was for breakfast. Harry, Draco, Blaise and Luna were all sitting in the sitting room waiting for everyone else. Finally, the entire group was ready and they exited the portrait hole, smiling at the green eyed lady. They walked quickly into the dining hall, they separated to their separate house tables. Hermione sat next to Lavender and her girlfriend Parvati, who had begun dating long before they were declared soulmates by the sorting hat. After breakfast, they hurried to their lesson, Pansy joining Hermione in Ancient Runes. They sat down next to each other, pulling their things out of their bags and grinning.