Time goes by.

Sorry for the really long wait. I am in the middle of GCSEs however the amount of revision is making my brain hurt so I am taking a break and writing this chapter. Yes, this chapter is from the song "As time goes by" by Rod Stewart Hope you like it! Sorry that this fic is so short but I had no more ideas and I wasn't sure what to write, so I just gave them all happy endings!

Recap: Hermione sat next to Lavender and her girlfriend Parvati, who had begun dating long before they were declared soulmates by the sorting hat. After breakfast, they hurried to their lesson, Pansy joining Hermione in Ancient Runes. They sat down next to each other, pulling their things out of their bags and grinning.

Time passed rather quickly, September passing into October as people began to get used to the changes in their lives. Luna and Ginny had gotten together almost immediately, and could be found regularly sitting on the loveseat and watching each other which such lovesick expressions people began to feel genuinely queasy. Harry and Draco had also finally realised both liked each other equal amounts and started dating, making everyone sigh in relief. The amount of complaining the two had done was exhausting, and Hermione had nearly pushed Harry out of a window on one particular day when he had been grumbling about how beautiful Draco was and how he would never love Harry, and then spent half an hour talking in detail about Draco "Beautiful stormy, mysterious eyes". However, Hermione had stopped complaining once she and Pansy had finally kissed one strangely sunny afternoon near the end of September, starting the beginning of a very cheesy romance between both girls, complete with cheesy jokes and random bouquets of flowers. Even Zabini had taken his head out of his arse long enough to shove Ron against the wall and kiss him senseless before dragging him upstairs and disappearing for a long while, during which everyone else had disappeared off to the Black lake for a picnic with Dean and Seamus, who had nearly died of laughter as the group recounted the scene in their common room.

The first couple to be officially engaged were Harry and Draco. It was a week before the term ended and the Christmas Holidays began. Draco had taken Harry into Hogsmeade, and then proposed by the Shrieking Shack. Many people would not think getting engaged right next to a supposedly haunted was not romantic, however the group new better. This place had significance to Harry, it being the first time he had actually seen his Godfather for many years, and also the terribly hilarious ordeal of him chucking mud at Draco, the memory of which regularly sent the group into stitches.

The next couple to propose was Ron and Blaise. This was done in a very Nonchalant manner, and if you hadn't been listening intently to their conversation you would have missed it. They were sitting side by side in their common room, doing their homework and chatting when Ronald casually asked "Marry me?" and Blaise just as casually replied "Sure" before returning to their discussion about the best quidditch group and their DADA essays. Meanwhile, the rest of the friends sat there in shock, blinking rapidly. After about 20 minutes, both Ron and Blaise had realised the silence and stared in confusion at the gobsmacked faces of their friends. After an innocent "What?" from Ron, everyone had erupted at one. Blaise and Ron just stared in amusement, and eventually everyone was silent again. The topic wasn't mentioned much again, although Dean and Seamus once again had a great time listening to Luna tell them the tale.

Luna proposed to Ginny next. They were sitting in the Forbidden forest, whilst Luna fed the Thestrals and Ginny watched her, a goofy smile on her face. Luna broke the comforting silence when she turned around, a simple, exquisite ring held in her hands. Of course, Ginny had said yes immediately, her grin becoming even wider, and pulled Luna into a fierce kiss. The Thestrals stared before ambling away, leaving the two girls sitting and talking quietly on the rug, while Luna showed Ginny a watercolour of the two of them sitting together. Eventually, Ginny produced a picnic basket and they sat down to eat, however their serene picnic was interrupted by Fang slobbering all over their food and Hagrid showing up to apologetically turf them out of the forest and remind them, once again, that it was named the forbidden forest for a reason.

Hermione and Pansy were last to propose, both producing rings at the exact same time. This led to a moment of silence and then they both burst into peals of laughter. Eventually they composed themselves enough to confirm that they did, in fact, want to marry each other. A crowd had formed by this time, staring in confusion at the two girls in stitches, both holding rather beautiful engagement rings. They clapped and whistled when it became apparent what had happened and slowly melted away back into the ground of the castle. Both girls grinned happily before being dragged off by their friends to celebrate by getting smashed in their common room now that they were all engaged.

Every single of these stayed happily married for the rest of their lives, bringing up their respective families close together. Watching as one after another, their children took the same paths as their parents, boarding the Hogwarts express for the first time. They watched the getting sorted into their houses, bursting with pride a sense of sadness that their children were growing up and soon they wouldn't need them anymore. Hermione became the youngest Minister for Magic in History, Pansy became the head of Witch Weekly, a post she greatly enjoyed. Ginny was, obviously, seeker in the Holyhead Harpies and Luna became a well respected Magi-zoologist. Ron, having had enough violence for a lifetime, became a muggle chef and greatly enjoyed the freedom while Blaise and Draco became joint heads of a very powerful muggle and wizarding technology company. Harry, to no ones surprise, became the youngest head Auror in history and had great fun trying to ruin Hermione's budget plans for the department. Their children grew up, having families and children of their own. As the song goes

They still say "I love you",

on that you can rely,

no matter what the future brings, as time goes by."

-As Time Goes By (By Rod Stewart)

The End!!