Chapter Eight

A/N: I know you can't play Mario Kart 8 on a PlayStation but it's my world and I make the rules :D

Two weeks flew by and before George knew it, Asher's birthday rolled around. He was clueless on what to get so a couple of days before the party, he asked Sapnap what Asher liked.

Sapnap suggested something small and soft. After George got permission to go uptown, he stopped by the store and found a stuffed lion. With the help of Ari, he got it wrapped and ready.

The day of Asher's birthday, Sapnap invited George over an hour early to help decorate. George agreed and showed up, but his mood dropped the moment he walked into the living room. A tall man with a white mask was sprawled across the couch, his limbs dangling over the side.

"You can set the gift on the counter and once I get Dream's ass up, we can start," Sapnap said and dashed for the couch.

George watched as he lept over the back and landed on Dream, who groaned. "Oh my god, you suck," Dream muttered as he clawed out of Sapnap's grasp. As soon as he and George locked eyes, George shrunk back.

"I see you've brought an extra," Dream said. The playfulness of his tone had disappeared, leaving George anxious.

Asher's head popped over the couch, and he jumped when he saw George. "You're here!" He cheered and rushed to hug him.

George glanced down at the ecstatic kid. "No backing out now, I guess." He swallowed a sigh and forced a grin instead. "I am."

Asher detached himself from George and clung to Sapnap instead. "When are Cole and Karl coming?"

Sapnap chuckled. "They'll be here in a little bit. I brought George over a little early."

"Oh, okay!"

"And-" Sapnap started, but was cut off by a knock at the door. "Oh, one of them are early." When he opened it, a small boy shot past him and tackled Asher.

"Coleton!" The mother scolded. "I'm so sorry, he's been bouncing off the walls all day."

"It's alright, ma'am. Thank you for letting him stay over, I'm sure the two will have fun." Sapnap flashed the most polite grin George had ever seen from him.

"Of course. Are you certain he can spend the night?"

"Yes ma'am. We always have a place for him to sleep and he's welcome over any time."

The woman smiled. "Well, thank you again. Call me if you have any issues."

"Will do."

After the door shut, Sapnap turned to the younger two. "Since this is supposed to be a surprise, why don't you two go upstairs for a bit."

Asher and Cole nodded, then took off. "Hopefully this won't take long," Sapnap said to George and Dream.

They started by hanging streamers around the living room and kitchen. Since Dream was the tallest out of the three, he hung them while Sapnap and George blew up balloons.

George didn't know how to tie a balloon, so Sapnap stopped to teach him. After a couple of failed attempts, George got the hang of it.

One by one, they handed the balloons to Dream, who attached them to the streamers. Once the house was decorated, Sapnap pulled his friends into the kitchen and revealed a white cake with golden frosting that spelled out "Happy Birthday Asher!"

"Do you think he'll like it?" Sapnap asked nervously.

"I'm sure he'll love it," Dream assured, throwing an arm around Sapnap's shoulder.