Chapter Nine

A/N: I've been working on LNKD for a year today, so have a chapter in celebration !!!

George leaned halfway off of his window seat. He was dangerously close to falling off, but couldn't care less. His speaker sat in a shelf on a shelf on the other side of the room, blasting a song he barely knew the words to.

Normally he'd be asleep by now, but after spending the last three hours shifting around uncomfortably in his bed, he moved to the window instead.

Over the music, there was a small clink against his window. He chuckled, as he knew the sound well by now, and opened his curtains. He slid open the window and leaned out of it. "Isn't it a school night for you?" He asked Sapnap, who held a cigarette between his two fingers.

Yeah, but I have homework that's due in four hours and I don't understand it at all," Sapnap grumbled. "Any chance you can help?"

"How am I supposed to help you from here?"

Sapnap stared at him for a minute, then grinned. "I'm coming over."

"What? My front door is locked, dumbass."

"Not what I meant. Open your window all the way and be ready to catch me if I fall."

George's face scrunched in confusion, but he pushed his window up. "What are you doing?" He called out.

"You'll see," Sapnap said. He stubbed out the cigarette on the side of his house, then swung both of his legs over the windowsill and slowly inched towards the tree in between the two houses.

George leaned out of the window. "I know you're not doing what I think you are."

"Oh, I'm absolutely doing what you think I am." Sapnap giggled and pushed off of the wall. He lept towards the tree and grabbed onto a large branch. Once he stood and balanced himself, he tossed his bag through George's window. "Catch me!" He shouted and jumped towards George.

George shot forward to grab him.

One of Sapnap's hands caught the ledge, but the other missed. Right before he slipped, a pair of hands wrapped around his wrist. Once he was safely in the room, George let out a nervous, but relieved laugh. "You're so stupid, you know that?"

Sapnap nodded. "Now please help me because like you said, I'm stupid."

They worked for a little over an hour before Sapnap pushed the book away and sighed. "It's too early for this shit, and my brain is fried."

"You're the one who insisted I had to help you." George snarked.

"Yeah, yeah." Sapnap stood to stretch. "Hey, do you want to do something with me?"

"Like what?"

"I dunno, maybe watch the stars?"

"Watch...the stars? Is there something special about them?"

Sapnap's lips curled into an excited smile. "Yeah, there is. Now we have to go watch them!"

"From my window?"

Sapnap shook his head. "I want to watch them outside, on the ground."

"How would we get down there?" George asked nervously.

"The tree, duh."

George gulped. "No way in hell am I gonna bust my ass to get down there."

"You won't if I help you!" Sapnap didn't wait for him to argue and climbed back out of the window.

George hesitantly followed him. He looked down and scrunched his nose; the tree looked much further away than before. "How the actual hell am I supposed to get to the branch?"