Side Story: The #1's Doubts

Nezu: "Greetings, All Might! Here are the list of students that you'll be teaching this year. They seem like they're brimming with potential."

All Might: "You're right. They'll become great heroes for sure."

All Might took a sip of his tea as he leafed through the list of students. He went from class to class until he spotted one name that caused him to smile a little.

'Izuku Midoriya'

All Might: 'Good job, Young Midoriya. You worked hard and earned this all on your own.'

Nezu: "What are you smiling about?"

All Might: "A-ah, its nothing. These students do look promising and their quirks sound amazing. Dupli-arms, invisibility, two gravity quirks, quirkless-"

All Might sips his tea only to promptly spit it out. Nezu fought back a laugh as he handed All Might some paper towels.

Nezu: "Is something wrong?"

All Might: "N-no, no, no, nothing is wrong. I'm just surprised that there was one student that is registered as quirkless-"

Nezu: "There is two."

All Might: "There's two!?"

Instead of tea, he spat out blood this time.

All Might: "B-but... is this truly okay..?"

Nezu: "Of course it is! When those two become successful heroes, everyone will learn that it isn't the quirk that makes a hero. As long as they have the drive, anyone can become one and walk the path of justice. After all, isn't that what a natural born hero is truly all about?"

All Might's eyes widened in shock. He recalls how he told Midoriya that he can't be a hero without a quirk and he can't help but feel terrible.

All Might: 'If I had told either of those two that they couldn't be heroes without quirks, would they still be here..? I'm sorry, Young Midoriya...'

All Might looked at the student list some more until he saw a very young looking girl named (S/n) (L/n) and she had the same last name as the other quirkless student.

All Might: "(Y/n) and (S/n) (L/n)... Ah, I get it, they're siblings without quirks."

Nezu: "Actually, you're incorrect. (S/n) has a quirk."

All Might: "Oh, I see. Is it her quirk that makes her look so young? (Laughs) If so, I can definitely use something like that."

Nezu: "Wrong again! She is 4 years old!"

All Might: "She's wha-Blaergg!!"

All Might spewed out some more blood.

Nezu: "All Might, you must relax. You're starting to stain the floors."

All Might: "S-sorry... But why is a 4 year old girl a student in U.A.?"

Principal Nezu: (Sips tea) "Reasons."

All Might: " Reasons?"

Principal Nezu: "Yes. Reasons that you'll find out later..

All Might: (Sighs) "I don't know how many more surprises I think I can take..."

Nezu: 'Maybe I should ease him into the big reveal.'

Back into the student sheet, All Might took notice of a certain white-haired individual. He raised his eyebrows in confusion and looked to Nezu.

All Might: "I thought the Atlas family moved to America."

Principal Nezu: "They did. They left their son at an orphanage."

All Might: "They did wha-Phflarg!!!"

Nezu only stared blankly and passed All Might the whole roll of paper towels.

All Might: "Why did they leave him at an orphanage? Are they coming back for him?"

Principal Nezu: "I'm afraid not. You see, Aster Atlas is the second quirkless student."

(Fortunately for Nezu) All Might's only response was an audible gasp.

All Might: "N-no way..! They really aren't coming back for him..?"

Principal Nezu: "I don't think so. He has been in that orphanage for over 10 years."

All Might: "That's terrible..! How can they do something like that!?"

Principal Nezu: "My guess is that they didn't want their quirkless son to ruin the beginning of the Atlas family reputation."

All Might: "But to ditch their first-born son in an orphanage!? How can they do something so cruel!?"

Principal Nezu: "Calm down, All Might. I share your concerns and frustrations but there is no use getting angry at it now. Besides, I'm sure he isn't bothered by it anymore."

All Might: "He's not?"

Principal Nezu: "Yes. He and (L/n) are great friends and they don't let the fact that they're quirkless slow them down. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that (L/n) had lit a spark within Aster."

All Might: "That's amazing to hear. I wonder what (L/n) had said to that made Aster push himself so hard..."

Principal Nezu: "Well Aster knows that (L/n)'s mother is the Crime Queen so maybe that had something to- Oops."

All Might: "(L/N) IS THE SON OF WHAT!?!?"

Blood spewed out like those fancy fountains at the mall. Nezu had an incredibly difficult time cleaning his office from the abundance of blood stains. One would have thought that a massacre went down in there.

*A/n: This just something that I wanted to write real quick. I didn't want to leave you all with nothing all this time so I wrote this quick side-story. I'm almost finished with the official chapter and the chapter of the Demon slayer story and I'll try to get those out soon. Take care!*