Chapter 1

"Maximoff," Tony shouts.

"Yeah?" Wanda and I respond in unison.

"Not you," he answers Wanda. "The little one."

"I'm not little!" I'm offended.

Tony rolls his eyes. "We need your help. Hydra's infiltrated another city."

"You don't need my help?" My sister questions.

"I assumed Steve already told you, seeing as you two have gotten suspiciously close recently."

It's true, I have seen Wanda spending quite a bit of time with Steve. I doesn't bother me though. I mean, I've definitely gotten close with Nat, so who am I to judge. Especially since Steve is a nice guy. Really old fashioned. Of course, he's old fashioned. He was born in the 1910s.

"We haven't gotten suspiciously close." She defends. "But no, he didn't tell me."

"Well, we need your help too then." Tony says finally.

The two of us follow Tony out to the jet. "'Bout time." Nat jokes as Wanda and I enter the aircraft.

I roll my eyes as I sat next to my sister. Clint is in the pilot's seat and Tony is fitting into his android suit, I guess you could call it.  Bruce sits on the opposite side. He seems to be anxious. But he's always anxious before every mission. I get why. He is always afraid he's going to hurt someone.

"Alright, Alyssa, you are going to be evacuating the civilians." Steve explains. "Tony, you-"

"I don't need you bossing me around, Rogers. I can clearly take care of myself." Tony remarks.

My eyes get wide, surprised at the argument that had struck between Tony and Steve. But I shouldn't be. Knowing that they go at it all the time.

"Alright, boys." Natasha interrupts. "Settle down."

Steve finally looks away from Tony, before the fight could escalate anymore. I lean towards my sister. "They fight like a married couple."

Wanda chuckles. "Right?" Her Sokovian accent peered through.

Both of us have accents, it's just that hers is more noticeable.  I definitely have one too, though.

I look up to Steve. "Where's it at?"

"New York City." Steve replies.

Clint lands the jet on top of a building and Nat, Wanda and I load out and make our way inside. Steve jumps straight off of the building. I mean, it wasn't too high up, but I definitely wouldn't do it by choice. I use my superspeed to run inside the building and down to the lobby.

"Everyone, we are under attack, I need you to evacuate the building."

Everyone waits a minute and looks at me. They aren't taking me seriously. I think for a minute. I think back to when Sokovia was under attack by Ultron, before Pietro had died. He was in this exact situation. I remember that he'd grabbed a rifle and shot some shots in the air.

Thinking about my brother formed tears in my eyes. I quickly wipe them and flee the building searching for a rifle, except I can't find one anywhere.

Remembering we have comms I got ahold of Natasha. "Nat."

"Yes, Angel?" She flirts on the other end of comms.

I clear my throat. "Umm, can I borrow your pistol."

"Woah," my sister interrupts. "I don't want my little sister playing with guns. Do not give it to her, Nat."

"I'm 18, Wanda. I'll be fine."

"I trust her." I can sense Nat smiling on the other end of the phone. "Come get it, Angel."

I hear Clint groan. "Ugh, get a room, you two."

I speed my way towards Nat. Once I get to her, I see her smile at me as she tosses me her gun. I catch it, and she winks.

With pistol in hand, I get back to the building, where I was originally. I fire shots in the air. "Let's go, everyone out." With that, screams were released all throughout the building.

"Damn, Maximoff, what'd you do murder someone?" I hear Tony cackle at his own joke.

"Language!" Steve shouts.

"Damn is not even a bad word." I answer.

Steve ignores me though.

"FRIDAY, any information on where Hydra is located as of right now?" Tony questions his A.I. assistant.

"Sorry, Mr. Stark. It seems that Hydra is offline." The female A.I. voice responds.

Onto the next building. This time, the people take me seriously, and leave when I first barge into the building.

The next building I try to evacuate, is caught on fire. "Seems Hydra, wanted to play with some toys." I say over comms. No one answers though. I speed inside the building, and to no surprise there are people screaming and crying for help. I get as many people out of the building as I can without getting hurt. "Okay, I think that's everyone." I say over comms.

"My daughter!" A woman is yelling at me. "Help, my daughter is still inside."

"I'll get her ma'am." I assure her. I speed back inside. "Hello?" I shout, hoping for a response. There wasn't one. I speed to the next floor, the heat getting warmer. "Hello?" Still no response. I go up two more flights of stairs before finding the girl. She seemed to be about 6. "I'm gonna get you out of here."

"Where's my mommy?" She asks.

"Just don't move, I'm coming to get you."

Just as I was about to reach her, a burning beam fell on my arm. I scream.

"Maximoff, come in." Tony sounded concerned. "What happened?"

I wince before responding. "I'm fine." I try to reach for the little girl's hand when a flame goes up and catches my suit on fire, burning my arm. I scream. Louder this time.

"Alyssa." My sister sounds concerned.

"I'm okay, I promise." I reach for the little girl one more time, my arm still on fire. I begin crying from the pain. I finally grab the girl. I don't want to be stuck inside this building any longer than I needed to.

I reunite the girl with her mother. "Guys. I think I need to get back to the jet." I wince again at the pain.

"I'll go with you." Nat says over comms.

"No, we need you on the ground, Romanoff. Barton!" Tony says. "Go with Alyssa to the jet."

"Alright, Tony, you don't gotta scream." Clint replies.

Weird. Tony has never called me by my first name.

I race to the top the building where Clint was already waiting inside the jet. I look down at the arm that was burned, and the entire sleeve was missing. My arm was completely red. The burns are so bad. Maybe 3rd degree. I make it seem like I'm fine, but I can't help it when Clint touches my arm. I let out the loudest scream I've ever released in my life.

"That's it, I'm coming up there." I hear my sister's voice although I don't pay attention. The tears in my eyes grow more. I begin to shake as Clint wraps it with gauze. I scream again.

"Oww." I cry even more.

"Okay, Tony, we need to go." Clint says over comms waiting for a response.

"Alright." Steve responds instead of Tony. "Nat, time for a lullaby."

He was referencing Bruce. After we're done with a mission, Nat finds him and calms him down so he can transform out of the "big guy" and back into Bruce.

"Copy." Nat responds.

My sister approaches Clint and I. She sees my arm and covers her mouth. She begins to cry, too. "It's okay, Wanda." Clint comforts her. "We just need to get back to the compound."

"Hurry," is all that escapes my mouth before another scream.