Chapter 4

It's been 3 days since my surgery, no one has brought up me and Nat. Not even Wanda. I haven't really hung out with Nat either. She hasn't tried to talk to me. I think it's because I kept pressuring her. She acted like it was okay, though. Honestly, it doesn't matter.

"Kid." Tony says.

"Yeah?" I look up.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Okay." He begins to walk away.

"Tony."

He turns back around. "Yes?"

"I need to ask you something."

"Okay." He joins me on the couch.

"Is- okay. If you're told to keep a secret by someone you love, but it risked keeping a secret from others you love, would you?"

"I don't think I'm the right person to ask this question, kid."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I can't keep a secret. But what is this secret?"

I give him a look. "It's a secret."

"I understand. Just do what feels right to you." Tony pats me on the back before standing up.

I let out a deep breath. Bruce joins me on the couch. "Hey, Alyssa. Are you okay?"

"What- what are you talking about?"

"I overheard your conversation with Tony."

"Oh. Yeah. I'm fine." I try to avoid eye contact with him.

"If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you." He says it with an awkward tone in his voice. Just before he leaves I stop him.

"Bruce, are you okay?"

"I just-" he sighs before sitting back down. He releases what he's feeling all in one breath. "I'm in love with someone but I think she's in love with someone else but if I tell her then it would ruin the friendship we have."

I'm hit by a wave of emotions. He was either talking about Nat or Wanda. Oh god. Or me. Please don't let it be me. "Um, who are you talking about?"

"I- can't tell you." He places a hand on my shoulder, "just don't- tell anyone I told you." He immediately stands up and leaves the room.

Please don't let him be talking about me. I'm in love with Natasha, but lately, it doesn't seem like she feels the same.

...

"Okay, everyone. Bruce and I will be leaving to Asgard."

"But- you just got back." Wanda interrupts Thor.

"Yes, well, I could use his help." Thor's smile gets wide.

"Well, just- if we need you." Steve says.

"Then we'll come back." Bruce answers.

"Okay, good luck."

We all wave bye to the two of them as they head out of the compound. Nat walks by me. She doesn't make eye contact. She doesn't acknowledge my presence. "Nat." She doesn't listen. "Nat." She keeps walking. I catch up to her. "Natasha." I grab her arm.

"What, Alyssa?!" Her voice echoes through the building. The others look our way. I keep my gaze at Natasha. I pull her up the stairs and into my room.

"What's the matter with you? You haven't talked to me in 3 days. You walked right past me."

"Because, you don't take my opinion into consideration."

"Me?! That's all I've done for the past 3 years, Natasha! You don't listen to me! I've told you that I think we should tell them. You said you didn't want to and I listened. I listened, Nat." I pause before continuing. "I don't know why your mad at me when all I've done is listen to you. I love you, Nat. So that's why when you said you didn't want me to tell them, I listened. That's why when my sister and Steve found out, I felt bad. I felt like it was my fault. I'm sorry, Nat."

She opens her mouth to speak, then Vision floats through my wall, catching both Natasha and I off guard. "Sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Stark sent me up here to make sure you guys were alright." He floats carefully over the floor of my bedroom floor.

"Vision, we talked about this. Doors are there for a reason."

"Yes, Ms. Romanoff." He nods his head.

"You didn't hear anything, did you?" I ask.

"Yes, but you're secret's safe with me." He smiles. "If, you can put in a word with your sister."

"What, do you mean?"

"I feel something when I'm around Wanda. I don't know what it is, but I feel different. In a good way. So, I was hoping you could talk to her."

I nod my head. "I will. Just please don't tell anyone about this, Vision."

"I told you, Ms. Maximoff, your secret's safe with me." He floats back out of the room.

"See, I mean, come on."

"What?"

"Vision took it fine."

"That's because he's a robot." She's right, he is a robot. I just don't understand why she's making a big deal.

"Look, Nat. I've tried, and if you don't want to tell the others, I don't think that," I sigh. "I don't think I can do this anymore." Before she has a chance to say anything, I walk out of the room.

I walk down the stairs to see absolutely no one in the compound. The jet's still here. They never leave without the jet. "Nat!" I call up the stairs. "Everyone's gone."

She doesn't answer. In fact, it doesn't even sound like she's upstairs anymore. I race back up to my room. She's gone. "Nat?" I check every room. Starting with hers and ending with Wanda's. No where to be seen.

Not a single soul accompanied me in the compound. I was alone. All alone.

---- Author's note ----
So I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this story. I mean I have an idea, but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to carry it out. Also, I know after Age of Ultron, they had the whole debate with the Socovia Accords and everything, but I didn't want it to seem like they all hated each other. So that didn't happen in this.

I don't know. What do you guys think of this story? I'm not sure I'm doing a good job getting my thoughts down on here.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Chapter 5 is on the way.  :)