( I )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
══════ ᓚᘏᗢ ══════

LIFE AS A CATGIRL HERO IN ONE WORD:

EXHAUSTING.

It's unbearable the number of times you've heard questions like: "Are you fully trained?" or been told, "You're too pretty to be a hero, you'd be better off as a fetish model..." or worst of all, "Are you gonna go into heat?"

People think they're so funny and original. They also assume that because you can't hide your quirk, that equals consent to open and, honestly, quite intrusive comments. In truth, the 'jokes' are nothing short of horrendous. It's as if they've never seen an animal hybrid before, or at least don't care enough to treat them as human.

Life as a catgirl in an age of quirk discrimination never was promised to be easy.

Nothing you did when you were young, or even as you got older, made you deserving of the disrespect you received. Tears were shed as you labored so tirelessly to hide all of the physical mutations from your quirk.

When you were in middle school, you wore hats to hide your cat ears. Even though your sense of hearing was horribly muffled, it provided some respite from the unwanted stares and teasing your non-mutant-quirked classmates did. "Monster" was what they called all the mutants.

One time you even tried to cover your cat ears under your hair, which worked for all of five minutes. It got too itchy and twitched out of the concealment. You didn't have to admit it, it was obvious just how much comfort allowing your ears space to breathe gave you.

Trying to fit in was emotionally taxing, so you quit with the hats and the hiding. Even if it meant working overtime to maintain the faintest feeling of seclusion.

That was one step for sure, but there was also the case of your feline tail.

After getting it pulled a couple of times and stroked by strangers, you decided to cramp it underneath your pants despite how confined it felt.

Eventually, you gave up on that too because of the way your tail would swish under your pants... it just looked weird and you really didn't need any more negative attention.

For years that was all there was to your existence: The cycle of self-consciousness and false resilience. It had eaten away at your head, had plagued your every thought. It hardly mattered that you stopped hiding your tail or your ears, you couldn't make anything good of the stained messages.

Until you made it to high school.

In those years you realized that your quirk could be used for the greater good. The line of hero work was whispering to you with the help of your new inspiration and upperclassman, Rumi Usagiyama. The soon-to-be-famous Rabbit Hero.