( XI )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

AIZAWA WAS IN A SHITTY MOOD.
After he handed his 1A students a pop quiz, he stormed silently down the hall like a grey cloud. Their groans echoed as he headed for the break room hoping there was some of that cheap ass coffee he could grab. Black with no sugar. He needed his caffeine strong enough to tear his mind off certain things.

He didn't even make it down a few halls before the white mouse principal waved him down with a paw. "Hey, Aizawa, could you show up in the town over by the city for business? Later in the afternoon, perhaps?"

It was regrettable how often he had to go on duty, the man was constantly exhausted. Alas, the world still needed his quirk. "Sure, I don't mind."

"Great! I'll email you the mission file," Principal Nezu walked off.

Aizawa pushed the door to the break room open. Thankfully, it was empty, he didn't want to deal with anyone. He walked over to the complimentary drink station only to find that the coffee maker had run out of water. Just what I needed right now, he pinched the bridge of his nose and took a seat at the creaky table. He could practically feel the dark crescent-shaped baggage under his black eyes when he glanced at the clock. About five minutes before he ought to head back to his class.

He reviewed the case file quickly including his assigned role.

It was an investigation into a series of bank robberies. The suspects were allegedly a movement-quirked duo. Police couldn't stop them so the heroes were getting called in to put an end to it. The mission was expected to last only two or three days starting that night. Aizawa was assigned the zone closest to the target, the majority of the action expected to come by Tuesday.

Working in the same zone as him: a few combat heroes he recognized, a couple of small name heroes he didn't recognize, Nine—His eyes stopped skimming and focused on your hero name. He searched for what your role was.

'Discrete intel gathering.'

Fancy wording for staking out the target. Same role as his, except he was also assigned to assist in battle using Erasure when necessary. You had been given only the boring assignment to your name.

He couldn't imagine you would be happy with that role, not with the way you were training for hand-to-hand combat. They had practically handed you underground work when you ached for public recognition. He put away his phone and tried to silence his head in the last couple of minutes he had to himself.

"I ain't doing this," Bakugo huffed and flicked the paper off his desk. He kicked back comfortably in his chair to look at the ceiling and let the blank sheet lay on the classroom floor.