Taza and Mirlik

this lil cyborg is really out there tryin to be an adult 

//////////////////////////////////

  People. People that were green, people that were blue, pink, you name it. Some had horns, some had an extra set of limbs, some had scaly skin. Some people didn't look like people at all. Some looked like monsters, or resembled creatures that Stallone had seen in alien movies back on Earth.

  Stallone had never actually interacted with creatures that didn't look human before. Up until now, he'd been surrounded by normal, humanoid beings. Even during his time at the Facility.

  Now, here, his mind reeled as he took in the diversity around him.

  It was amazing. Exhilarating. Everywhere he looked, he saw a strange face, a new type of alien person. Everyone was talking, moving, working and going about their business. Some of them glared at Stallone for staring. He couldn't help it. He was fascinated.

  Stallone was on the ground now. He'd parked his ship on Pad 9, just as Carl had suggested he do. He'd locked up the JAR-7000, leaving an unconscious Juno still within, and began to walk the streets of Triff.

  There was so much to look at. Stallone paused several times, distracted by all the types of shops and stalls selling strange and foreign wares he'd never seen before. This was so wildly different from Earth.

  At last, Stallone reached the type of place he'd been looking for: an inn. It looked modest enough, although a bit rough and run-down on the outside. He entered the building and approached the innkeeper at the front desk.

  The creature at the desk was no human. If one word could be used to sum her appearance, it would be "reptilian". She was an ancient thing with scaly green skin, sharp teeth, and serpentlike eyes that showed her age.

  "You'd like a room, I'm guessing," She stated. Her voice was so gruff, and unexpectedly so. Stallone inwardly flinched when he heard it. She was working on what Stallone guessed to be a crossword puzzle, albeit a bit more foreign looking compared to Earth's type of crossword puzzles, to pass the time. She wasn't too happy about being interrupted, either. She lightly pushed the puzzle aside and eyed Stallone with judgment written across her face.

  "Yes," Stallone replied with a nod. He took a glance around the room. Nothing to see. The room was plain and barren, and there were no other people in sight. Business must be slow.

  Looks safe enough, he thought, and he stifled a yawn as he thought of sleep. Juno would be fine if I left her here. And maybe I'll get a room, too. Just for a night.

  He tried to act casual. He took a deep breath, adjusted his posture, relaxed his shoulders, and went so far as to rest an elbow on the desktop. "In fact, I'd like two rooms. One for me and one for a friend."

  "Elbows off the desk!" The woman hissed.

  Stallone started. He swiftly removed his arm and straightened up. "Sorry."

  "Hm." Was the reply. The lizard lady eyed him with a scowl.

  Stallone didn't like her judgmental stare. It wasn't threatening, but it still made him uncomfortable. He looked away.

  "Very well," the old, gruff voice muttered after a long moment. She looked down and reached into the desk. After fishing around for a bit, she finally produced a large, battered book and plopped it onto the desktop with a thud.

  The book caught Stallone's attention. Books were so... so "old school". In a universe where so much could be digital, he found it odd to still see books lying about. Still, they interested him for some reason.