Two

It took all of your willpower not to look so downtrodden. Janitorial? Cleaning the fucking bathrooms, in other words. Being paid to literally clean up other peoples' messes.

There was clearly a stormcloud forming over your head, as the man sat up a little more, hands folded neatly on the desk. His nametag- which you only just realized was there- read the name "Scott". "Listen, I know what you're thinking. Janitorial isn't exactly anyone's first choice, I get that. But it's a place to start out in. The longer you work here the more opportunities you'll get. We have classes to teach employees about certain subjects, like IT and food handling. If we're putting up flyers for one you're interested in, sign up. They're free, of course; you sit in for a shift, take a test at the end of the class, and if you pass it you get a raise. Not to mention that class experience can be put onto our Interdepartment Transfer forms. Like I said, once you're hired, you can move to anywhere. And we want you to want to work here."

The more he spoke, the more your disappointment seemed to settle. Whether or not you would be able to get into those classes was one thing; but a raise on top of having the experience that seemed necessary? It didn't sound quite so horrible. "Ah... well, I can see how that makes sense. You do have a long list of different areas for people to work in."

Scott smiled, the gesture lighting his eyes. "I started at the bottom in this company. Security guard, as a matter of fact. I swear it felt like I was doing everything by myself, getting that old pizzeria to run as smoothly as it did. But we've reached the point of no return; this Pizzaplex is unlike anything Fazbear Entertainment could have dreamed of years ago." He reached across the desk, hand out for you to shake. "What do you say? Janitorial isn't glamorous but you won't be cleaning this entire place alone. You're given certain areas on a twice-weekly basis, and we rotate everyone so you get a better idea of the layout. But if you take this position I can promise you that I will do everything in my power to help you get the position you want."

Considering your options- of which you had none- you took a deep breath and shook his hand.

His grip was friendly and warm, and he soon released your hand in favor of turning back to the computer. He started to talk more about the job you had just agreed to take; the rate of pay, details about the schedule, and the training you would be stuck sitting through before you could even work. Your job was literally cleaning the place, but Scott explained that there were certain ways of handling certain situations; codewords and specific STAFF that would be able to assist in emergencies.

But that got you thinking. "What kind of emergencies could I end up seeing if I'm just cleaning?"

His smile reappeared. "Well, we have a daycare. And the guests that enjoy the daycare are usually in the toddler range of ages. I'm hoping you can gather what I mean when I say there's a Code Brown by the theater...?"

Code Brown? What did that have to do with toddlers?! It took a moment but your face burned once you realized, and luckily Scott laughed gently.

"Don't worry; those kind of accidents are handled with care by our more experienced employees. Sometimes the STAFF bots, since they don't have to worry about stenches and nausea and things of a more human nature."

Blinking rapidly, you blurted out, "STAFF bots? Like... actual robots?"

"We prefer the term "animatronics", but yes. Not only do we have four of the most advanced and complex performers on the center stage, but we have a nice little army of more to help our employees out with more basic tasks. Some are janitorial, yes, and you will be working alongside them. They aren't as... intricate as our band, but they can understand certain words and commands if you need their assistance."

Scott was busy on his computer as he spoke, so you had a better understanding of what to expect. Training would last a day, maybe less, depending on the job and how quickly you worked. Then you would basically be given a STAFF bot to work with, to help you form a routine and to better understand your pace. The bot could keep track of your schedule and tasks, as well as literally help you clean.

After giving you your contract to sign, Scott stood up and shook your hand again. "Welcome to the family," he said warmly.

You managed a nervous smile. "You don't call it the Fazfamily?"

His warm expression was gone in an instant. "We take ourselves seriously here. I'm hoping that was meant to be a joke and not an insult."

Fuck, what the hell?! Your heart pounded painfully in your chest, anxiety spiking sharply. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting or anything! I just s-sort of assumed it was like how McDonald's keeps using the "Mc" in front of most of their menu..."

His steely glare bore down on you for a few more awful seconds before his face split into a grin, letting out a hearty laugh. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out. I was kidding, I promise. I hear that joke from new hires all the time so I started pretending to be offended." He chuckled a little more before opening the office door. "Head up the escalators in the lobby; there's a nice little coffee place, it's called Faz-Pad. Grab a drink, sit tight for a bit. I'll send someone over to give you a tour of the Pizzaplex." As the two of you left the office, going back down the winding hallways until you were spat back out by the ticket booth, Scott grinned and tilted his head. "Do you remember any of the old locations? The old characters? I wanted to ask if you had any favorites."

That was sort of out of the blue. "Ah... honestly, I never really visited any of them, no. I don't know much of anything about the company." Your eyes wandered a little, back to Rockstar Row.

Following your gaze the male nodded. "You'll see everything and meet everyone soon enough. But if you don't have a preference, I'll just see who's available for a tour." Pulling out a cell phone Scott apparently had someone on speed dial, as they picked up within seconds. "Hey, I've got a new hire here. Is the band finished? I want her to be given a tour. No, no preferences. I was thinking-- ah, birthday party? All right, that rules out the leader. What about-- oh? Feeling calm today? Good, send him up to the Pad." Hanging up he pointed to the escalators down the lobby. "Go up and hang a left, the cafe is that way. Someone will be up to give you a tour in a few minutes. Grab a drink and relax, okay? And don't worry, we don't charge employees for coffee; that's just plain stupid."

Your eyebrows were knit closely together. Who was feeling calm today? "Ah, who exactly am I waiting for...?"

"Oh, he's tall, kinda bulky. Red mohawk, star-shaped sunglasses. Can't miss him." Scott grinned wide. "Also, he's an alligator."

WHAT?