Six

Following Monty back to the ground floor of the Atrium- not that you could lose a giant walking alligator with a wrecking ball tail- he guided you to the party area, right in front of the huge stage. While he waved to the kids that recognized him, he spoke to you. "Thirsty, girlie? Lemme grab you a drink before I need to go."

God, he was so sweet. With a smile you nodded. "That sounds perfect, actually, thank you."

"Okay, then. Orange, grape, pink lemonade or sour lime?"

Well, those were awfully sweet choices. Except maybe the lime. "Uhhh... orange sounds good, actually."

"On it. One orange Fizzy-Faz, comin' up!" And off he went, hi-fiving and waving to the kids that ran up to him.

In his absence you took in your surroundings. Families, especially kids, all running and enjoying their time in the place. Even the teens didn't seem too sullen, or even glued to their phones. The pizzaplex really did have something for everyone.

Monty trotted back much quicker than you expected, handing you a can that was ice-cold to the touch. "All right, girlie, go and grab a seat over there," he spoke, pointing towards the right side of the stage. "Most of the kids crowd the front, but there's space for ya if you're on the side. Plus that's where yours truly tends to stay," he added, earning himself another laugh. "Just sit back, enjoy the bev, and watch me bring the house down. Oh, and the rest of the band, too," the gator added as a humorous afterthought.

"Monty, what do you even play?"

"Bass." He paused. "Might wanna wave to the keytar player, too. She'll dig it. ROCK AND ROLL!!" he shouted, causing the crowd on the party floor to cheer loudly.  With one last eyebrow wiggle he trotted off, disappearing somewhere you didn't catch.

Wow. Monty really knows how to pump up a crowd. These animatronics are impressive. More than that, they're fucking amazing.

☆|☆|☆|☆

Plush wolf in your lap, you quietly drank the orange soda, watching the guests mill about and slowly edge closer to the stage. Just as you began to wonder when the show was going to start, music kicked up to a much louder volume, spotlights all swiveled towards the center, and a male voice introduced Freddy Fazbear through the microphone.

The stage itself had been lowered at some point without your notice, but four animatronics were now rising from below.

The sound was absolute chaos incarnate, but then again, it was a crowd of at least several hundred. Maybe even more. And for a pizza place show! The band wasn't even human!

Clearly... that meant nothing. The band members were really, genuinely playing instruments or, in the bear's case, singing.

.... they're good. Really good. Holy shitballs.

The song was obviously designed for the pizzaplex, but it was well crafted and performed flawlessly. The animatronics seemed to honestly enjoy their stage time, engaging their crowd instead of standing in place. Like, well... normal animatronics. They acted like a true band, interacting with one another as well as guests who were lucky to be closer.

Monty was on the far right, proving that just because he played bass did not mean he was in the background. Hell, he even slid across the stage on his knees like Pete Townsend. The slide ended near you, and you were pretty sure you could catch a toothy grin aimed in your direction.

The keytar player, the lovely wolf whose plush you held firmly in your lap, was nudged by the gator and made to look over. Seeing the toy in your grasp seemed to perk her up, as her fluffy tail started to wag. Her performance also became a touch more intense, but you supposed that was what adrenaline did to musicians.

While you couldn't catch too many glimpses of the guitarist, there was no worry about not hearing her; that chicken could shred like a motherfucker.

And though he had no instrument, the lead singer didn't have any trouble performing for the crowd. The mic stand was tossed and twirled about with deft hands. Er... paws, you supposed. He even used it as an air guitar of sorts, really pushing the whole "more than just robots" idea.

The show was only a handful of songs, but there was no shortage of energy. You even ended up on your feet, curious enough to want to get closer. The plush still in your grasp, you were scared to lose it.

The wolf- Roxy, Monty had called her- kept glancing in your direction. The keytar demanded the use of both her hands, but she didn't seem to mind showing off her claws every so often. Still, by the time the show was ending and the animatronics were backing off to return below, Roxy only had her golden eyes on you, waving and getting visibly happier when you waved back.

Beside her, the bear watched her curiously, ears wiggling. Then his gaze followed Roxy's, landing on you with your wolf plush. Then he put two and two together and waved to you, as well, probably out of courtesy.

☆|☆|☆|☆

Out of sight of the crowd, Roxy was as fidgety as a kid on a sugar high. Her tail wagged back and forth as the band returned for their routine maintenance. Usually just some quick tune-ups and recharging. Afterwards, they would return to Rockstar Row, so guests could visit for awhile before the group went back to the Atrium.

Chuckling beside her, Monty removed his glasses and shook his head. "Told ya, Rox. She would've taken a go-kart but I had to talk some sense into her."

"You? Talking sense into someone?" On the other side of their line, Chica giggled. "Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"

The gator groaned. "Man, don't jinx it on me. Safe Mode is workin' just fine so I'm taking advantage of it. Besides," he added, shoulders rolling back, "this one I like. She's smart as a whip, she'll do real good here."

Roxy's squeal almost went unnoticed. "She had my plush! She actually had my plush!"

"Roxy," came Freddy's calm tone, "children carry plush toys of you on a daily basis. You are far from unpopular."

The wolf whipped her head to glare at their bandleader. "Yeah, okay Freddy, but they're kids! Adults never want my plushies! New employees usually go for Chica's or yours! No offense-"

"None taken."

"-but employees usually remember the old restaurants. So they're drawn to you two. The only adults that want my merch are twenty-something creeps that stare at me like I'm on the menu!" Her ranting tone settled down, and she smiled a touch as Freddy laid a paw on her shoulder. "Just... let me have this, Freddy. Please. I'm sick of being asked "Where's Foxy?" all the time." Roxy's ears drooped, her fluffy tail no longer wagging. "It's not our faults."