𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛𝙮 𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧

The weekend passed quickly with Harry being released from the hospital. Dahlia had sent him a card with a little frog on it to try and cheer him up. The girl could tell how humiliated Harry felt and she wanted to comfort him, but she knew Harry would just brush her off. She sighed as she walked to Defense against the Dark Arts, hoping that Professor Lupin was back and to her delight he was.

"So. Would anyone like to tell me what you learned about Chameleon Ghouls?" Professor Lupin asked

Dahlia only snorted while the rest of the class tried to tell him about Snape's goal of reteaching them werewolves.

"Alright, Alright. I understand. Then today we will be beginning lessons on the Ghouls. Can anybody tell me what they are?"

Two weeks before the end of the term, the sky had turned to a dazzling white and the muddy grounds were covered in glittering frost. Inside some of the professors were decorating their classrooms and the students were discussing their plans for the holidays. Dahlia was going home to Dona this year. She loved the woman like a mother and was grateful that she had put up with her these 7 years.

On Saturday Dahlia decided to visit Hogsmeade for some Christmas shopping and to say goodbye to the Whomping Willow. For Oliver she bought a broomstick servicing kit (his last one got stolen), for Amara she got chocolate and she bought Dona some tea and new quills along with a hat she knitted herself, though it didn't look pretty.

Dahlia made her way to the shrieking shack, sad she wouldn't see the Willow tree for two weeks. When she entered the shack, she was greeted by a large, black dog staring at her.

"Umm. Hello?" Dahlia said

The dog barked and the girl was taken aback. She hadn't understood the dog. This was the first time this had happened, and so Dahlia began to panic. Was she getting weak? Was she losing her powers? She began muttering under her breath as she paced around the room.

"What's happening? Why can't I understand? OK, let's calm down and think this through."

The dog just tilted its head, listening to this poor girl mutter.

"Ok." Dahlia said "Wait here, I'll be right back. I need to check something."

Dahlia ran outside to the Whomping Willow.

"Willow" The girl huffed out of breath "Say something"

"Well, that was a rude greeting."

The girl sighed in relief, maybe her powers were fine and she just didn't hear the dog correctly. Dahlia thanked the tree and ran back inside.

"Sorry." She told the dog "I just got surprised, I think I may have misunderstood you. What's your name?"

But instead of telling her it's name, the dog just barked.

"Oh God."

                                                                       oOo

"So anyways, that's how I met Ron, Harry, and Hermione. I love them, but they sure do stress me out."

The dog barked and shook its head at Dahlia's story. The girl had released it was relaxing that she had someone to vent to that she couldn't understand nor could they understand her. Though she was still confused as to why she couldn't understand him, she gave up trying to figure out what could have possibly happened.

"Well, I should get going. It's getting dark and I don't want Filch to catch me." Dahlia yawned as she made her way to the exit.

"Next time I visit I'll bring you some food. Do you like dog food?"

The dog whimpered and Dahlia assumed that meant no.

"Alright," the girl chuckled. "Well, I'll bring you meat. Goodbye for now"

The girl stopped as she was reminded that he didn't have a name.

"Wait, you don't have a name... Hmmm." The girl thought for a moment "I have the perfect name   Orion . What do you think? It's my favorite constellation."

Dahlia went up to the dog and kissed his head. "Goodbye Orion, I'll see you later."

The girl walked away leaving an enchanted Sirius Black staring at her fading figure