𝙘𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚

Christmas break had finally started and Dahlia was back at home with Dona. The two sat in a comfortable silence before it was finally broken by Dahlia.

"So... Donaaaaaaa."

"Yes dear?"

"I mayormaynothaveacrushonmyprofessor" Dahlia blurted out, blushing at her confession

Dona raised her eyebrow as she placed down the book she was reading. "Oh? Tell me more."

"Well, you know that guy we bumped into at the train station?"

Dona gasped a twinkling in her eyes "That was the professor wasn't it?"

Dahlia nodded her head, she was suddenly timid. Dona urged the girl to go on, but Dahlia didn't know what to say about him. Truth be told, she didn't know much about her professor except that he smelled of coffee and cigarettes, he had these beautiful scars that complimented his face, and he somehow always managed to take Dahlia's breath away. Dona observed the girl who was deep in thought. The woman knew that Dahlia was never one for meaningless crushes, she believed that the right person (or people) was out there for everyone; they just had to be willing to accept them.

Finally, Dahlia spoke up "I don't know Dona." she sighed "I don't know much about him, I have no clue as to why I'm this flustered when I talk about him. I'm sure he doesn't even think about me that way, I'm only his student."

"Well dear, you never know. I remember when I was your age all the men were chasing after me." Dona stated proudly "But I was too oblivious to realize that any of them were interested in me. As I look back, I regret not taking chances. I regret not making mistakes. I regret not loving and then leaving."

Dahlia began to protest "Dona, I'm not like that."

"Uh Uh Uh." Dona tutted "I'm not finished. As I was saying, it's ok to step out and explore, that's normal for people your age, don't let your anxieties keep you from experiencing life. I'm not saying date multiple men and then break up with them for no reason. I'm just saying live your life without worry, and like you said 'The right person will come to you if you're willing.'

The girl gulped knowing that Dona was right. Dahlia had always struggled with anxiety from a young age, after everything that happened. She had always let that get in her way of living life, and not experiencing things. Though Amara and Oliver had helped her overcome a lot of her fears, she had to get through the rest on her own.

"I know you're right, but it's just so hard."

"I never said that it would be easy, but look at me Dahlia." Dahlia looked up and into Dona's eyes "I'll always be with you, every step of the way. Even if you decided to go out there and break hundreds of men's hearts, I would be right there with you cheering you on."

Dahlia broke down into tears as Dona put her arms around the girl. She would never be able to thank Dona for everything she had given to her. From a house, to fresh food on the table, and a motherly relationship that she never had.

"But let me tell you one thing dear." Dona said "If I ever see you at home crying over some boy, I will not hesitate to beat the shit out of them. You're too pretty to be crying over men"

Dahlia let out a breathy laugh. "Yeah, yeah. But I think Amara would beat you to it, seeing as she goes to Hogwarts."

"Well, is Amara able to apparate into hogwarts?"

"No." Dahlia's eyes widened "WAIT, YOU CAN APPARATE INTO HOGWARTS."

Dona only smiled and began to walk to her bedroom

"DONA. YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE AFTER SAYING THAT."

"Oh I'm just so tired dear, it's been a long and emotional day. I think I'm going to take a nap."

"DONA!"

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter but my teachers have been assigning so much work recently and than I also have been studying for the SAT which is tomorrow, so I've had a lot on my mind. But thank you guys so much for 5k reads!!! I'm glad you all enjoy the story so far. 

Also get ready for some angst, it's coming and it's coming fast :))))))