Friend or rival

Welcome to the chapter number 11 of "Ascending Love".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

"What's with you and Boruto?" Sakura smiled at Sarada as she sat down. Sarada looked over at the entrance to Ichiraku's and she caught the glimpse of him grinning at her before he dashed off.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Sarada spoke nonchalantly as she looked down at the menu in front of her.

"Really?" Sakura raised at eyebrow to her daughter.

"Drop it. You always read too much into things." Sarada looked up at her mom.

"uh-huh..." Sakura's voice faded as she looked down at her own menu.

Sarada and her mom sat in silence while they waited to order their ramen. Sarada started to snap out of the haze of feeling happy to realize she was sitting in front of one of the people that was hiding things from her. She wanted to press her mom for answers. She wanted to demand her mom's complete honesty. She also didn't want to talk about it. She knew her mom would not give her the answers she wanted. Her mom always had a way of avoiding and deflecting especially with it came to her dad.

"So..." Sarada finally spoke up as they were served their ramen. "Who is Suigetsu?"

Sakura stared at her daughter for a long silent moment.

"A friend of your dad's." Sakura sighed. "I don't really know him all that much myself."

"So, do you trust him?" Sarada crossed her arms and rested them on the table.

Sakura shrugged.

"What does that mean? You know team 7 was given a mission... and you know it is dangerous... I am asking if you trust the information passed to you from this friend of my father's." Sarada watched her mom shift in her seat.

"Sarada. I knew you would be given the mission. I trusted the Hokage to handle the mission details as that is who you report to for missions. I know it will be dangerous. I am worried for all of you." Sakura started to eat her ramen. She took a moment to chew her noodles.

"But I know with the Hokage by your side-"

"STOP." Sarada held out an open palm to her mom, and Sakura looked at her daughter surprised.

"What?" Sakura said confused.

"What are you talking about the Hokage—"

"Going on the mission with you..." Sarada's words cut off by her mom now.

Sarada lowered her head to stare into her ramen bowl. She felt even more miserable about this mission now. Sarada felt silly thinking that the Hokage would sit this mission out, but there was a part of her that would expect Shikamaru to stop him. Sarada sighed.

"What is going on with you Sarada?" Sakura looked at her daughter concerned for her. Sarada lifted her head to look into her mom's eyes. Her mom looked into Sarada's eyes.

"What are you talking about? Seriously? You leave it up to the Hokage to talk to me about my dad... to discuss a mission involving my dad... You knew this whole time that I would be asked as team 7 to take part in this dangerous mission... First time meeting my father... And you want to ask me what is going on with me..." Sarada pushed her ramen to the side. Her stomach was growling. She hadn't eaten all day... but she was too upset to even attempt to eat.