"I think something's out there."

"Your middle name is what?" Maureen asked Saffron, the confusion apparent in her voice.

"Turtle," Saffron said again, with a slightly embarrassed blush on her face. Maureen, Penny, Judy, and herself were sitting around the table in the main Hub. Maureen thought it was finally time to do some introductions, so they'd just been sitting and talking for a while. It's been nice just sitting down and having some girl talk. Sure, the girl they were mainly talking about was her... but it's fun nonetheless.

Maureen didn't say anything about her unusual middle name, trying not to say anything that might offend her. Saffron gave an airy laugh at Maureen's expression before clarifying. "My dad called me Turtle because it was my mom's favorite animal. She died in childbirth, so he thought it would be a good memory of her. He called me Turtle all the time." Penny's face dropped at Saffron's explanation. "Oh, please don't worry- I never got to know my mother, so I don't have sad memories about her."

Their conversation continued for a while before Judy said it was time to do a final examination on Saffron's ankle. Maureen stood up and said her goodbyes. She and John were going to check on the other survivors they found through the radio. Judy said goodbye and then came over to Saffron. She kneeled and fiddled with the ankle brace.

It's been about 2 days since they've landed on the riverbed, giving Saffron's ankle ample time to heal, especially with Judy's cast. They had been mainly setting things up, taking a chance to heal and rest. It's been a lot of fun getting to know the Robinson family.

They played several card games, mostly Go Fish, which seemed to be the family favorite. It was funny watching Robot standing behind Will like a guard. Saffron hung out with the youngest Robinson a lot. Together, they tried teaching Robot how to say new words, but nothing stuck. She spent lots of time studying the floating lights in his face. She hadn't been getting much sleep at night, with too many nightmares floating around in her head. So, instead, she would wait for everyone to fall asleep before going outside of Will's room.

His robot will simply stand there, protecting his door at night. There were no rolly chairs for her to swivel in front of him, so she would pull out a few storage boxes and stack them on each other. She would talk with him about anything that would come to mind and watch how his lights would respond to different stories.

On other nights, she would just sit there if she didn't feel like talking, mostly after a nightmare. On those nights, she would sit on her boxes and draw Robot. She would draw the different patterns she would notice on his face or of him doing cool fighting poses. She'd never seen him fight anything, He's not all that agile. He's probably more of a shield than a sword.

Maureen went to stand up as Will and his robot entered the room. Saffron limped off to the other side with Judy, her hand snaked around her waist. Saffron heard Maureen say something to Penny and Will. "Expansion" something or other. She tuned them out as they started playing a video on the screen.

Judy told Saffron what was going to happen for the examination. She would let go and Saffron would try and walk to where Judy would be. When she got there, she had to do five jumping jacks. Saffron raised an eyebrow at the silly request but shrugged as Judy let go. She bent over and loosened the ankle brace so it was still attached to Saffron but wasn't doing anything. Saffron watched Judy walk directly across the room from where she was. The young doctor lifted her wrist, pulled up a timer, and then said, "Go."

Saffron slowly started to make her way around the table. She had a pretty heavy limp, and she bit her lip to hold back frustration and continued to walk. Dr. Smith walked into the room at some point. Saffron made eye contact with her, and she sent her a sweet smile. Saffron couldn't glare at her since Judy was watching, but she didn't smile back. I don't trust her, not at all. She gives off too many bad vibes, so Saffron tries to ignore her in general.