Sleep over

Tim let out a sigh as he leaned against the wall. Every part of his body ached. It felt like there were weights pulling on his eyelids.

     "You look awful" Damian's voice called from behind him.

    "Thanks a lot" Tim replied sarcastically "I'm wearing a helmet you have no idea what I look like"

     "Your body language gives you away," Damian said walking into view "You need to go home and get some rest"

     "Word of advice this good big brother act doesn't fit you," Tim said standing up straight.

    "Hood I'm serious you can't raise a kid and do this you're going to work yourself to death," Damian said in a serious manner.

     "What's the big deal I already died once" Tim scuffed "Now would you quit acting like you cared"

     "Dr-Tim I do care" Damian's face softened "I just want to help you"

     "I don't need your help" Tim pushed Damian's hand away "And no names on the field," he said turning away and walking off.

Meanwhile
     "I can't believe I got conned into babysitting" Wally grumbled carrying in Jason's stuff.

     "Jason!" Bart darted into the room "Areyoureadyforoursleepover?!Thisismyfirstsleepoverever!!!Whatdoyouwanttodofirst?!!!"

     "Would you slow down no one can understand you when you talk a hundred miles an hour" Jason rolled his eyes.

     "Oops," Bart said calming down a little "I'm just so excited"

     "This is going to be a long night" Wally sighed as Bart continued to jump off the walls.

Timeskip
     "So what do you want to do first?" Bart asked excitedly as he finally settled down on the couch.

     "I don't know, want to play video games" Jason suggests with a shrug.

     "Sure I've never played any Wally promised to show me how but we've both been busy with the whole superhero thing," Bart said pulling out the controllers.

    "Don't they have video games in the future?" Jason asked taking a controller.

    "Of course, they're just a lot different from these" Bart answered. Jason noticed a hint of nervousness in his voice but decided not to say anything about it.

     "Okay since this is your first video game we should probably pick an easier one," Jason said thoughtfully as he looked through the games "Here we go," he said pulling out Mario.

     "Why is he wearing overalls and a cap with an M?" Bart asked curiously studying the cover.

     "Because he's a plumber," Jason said taking the game and putting it on.

     "Oh, so you're trying to fix sinks in this game?" Bart tilted his head.

     "No your trying to save a princess," Jason said turning to Bart.

     "Why is a plumber trying to save a princess? is she stuck in the pipes?" Jason fought the urge to escape.

One hour later
     "So Mario the plumber has to save the fruit princess from the monkey by jumping on small creatures" Bart finally concluded.

     "Yes, can we play the game now?" Jason asked impatiently.

     "Okay," Bart said grabbing the second controller.

Meanwhile
     Tim pulled the key out of his pocket, slowly opening the door so he wouldn't wake the kid. He was greeted by the smell of smoke.

     "What the?" He saw broken glass and blood on the floor. A chill ran down his spine "Dick? Dick?!" he felt himself start to panic.

     'Okay there's a very small amount of blood so he's probably not hurt too bad' he told himself as he looked around frantically.

      "I need to call Roy," he said pulling out his phone when he heard a small sniff coming from the kitchen. "Dick?" Tim walked over to one of the cabinets opening it up.

      "..." Dick looked up at him with eyes full of tears.

      "What are you doing in here buddy?" Tim asked kneeling down next to him.

     "I was hungry so I tried to make something to eat but the food caught on fire" the Kid started to sob "I tried to put it out but the sink wouldn't work so I went to get water from the bathroom but I dropped it so I used the fire extinguisher and it went everywhere"

     "Hey," Tim said softly pulling the kid out "It's okay, are you hurt" Dick hesitantly held out his hand which had a small cut on it "Let's go get you fixed up" Tim walked over to the closet and pulled out a box of superhero bandages "So who do you want?"

     "Nightwing," the Kid said pointing to the box.

     "Of course, you do" Tim rolled his eyes sitting Dick on the couch "Okay let me see your hand"

Flashback

    "I swear Drake you have to be the most incompetent person on Earth!" Damian groaned as they entered the cave.

    "Like you could have done any better!" Tim snapped walking behind him. He flinched as the arm that he had been hiding under his cape brushed against the cave wall.

     "You got burned didn't you?" Damian asked turning toward him.

     "Yeah, so what," Tim said waiting for Damian to ridicule him some more. Instead, he turned around and grabbed a gauze and some ointment.

     "Well," Damian said turning back around. Tim stood still "For goodness sake give me your arm"

     "Fine," Tim said holding out his arm. Damian put the gauze on and wrapped it as gently as he could.

     "There," Damian said taking a look over his handwork "now rest up and no patrolling until that's healed or I'll beat the heck out of you"

     "Thanks" Tim smiled to himself.

End of Flashback

     Tim shook his head trying to clear the memory from his mind.

     "There we go" Tim smiled up at Dick "Good as new"