Five

Darcy

"Aye! Man! Lay off of him what the fuck happened?" Yelled Sodapop as the boys stared at Dally who was fighting Johnny.
"Johnny fucked my sister!" Dally screamed.

He finally got off of Johnny as they both were panting for breath.

I got out of my bed and picked Johnny up myself, I grabbed some clothes and prepared my words for Dally.

"If you don't want me to be happy, then I'm leaving" I said. He couldn't speak. No one could.

I walked out of there with no explanation. Just put my clothes on and shoes before I walked out the door. I ignored any of the boys who tried yelling my name. I ran all the way to the Curtis house where I collapsed at the steps of their porch. I knew none of them were home because they all were at my house and then watched the scene go down.

I buried my head into my lap until I heard voices. It was Darry, Ponyboy, Sodapop, and Johnny. His eye was swelled up.

"He wants to aplogize, maybe you should go home. What he did was wrong, but he loves and cares for you Darcy" Darry sighed.
"If he loved me then why does he always do this? Why does he always yell at me, and make me cry all the time just because I want to enjoy my life?" I questioned.

I knew none of them had the words to say anything. And I sat back again knowing I was right.

"You guys can stay with us. No funny business between you two got it?" He says pointing fingers at Johnny and I

I looked at Johnny since he was already looking at me then I looked at Darry and nodded.

We said our good nights and I started to lay on the couch and Johnny slept in the floor beside me.

"Darcy," He whispered.
"Yes?" I asked.
"I'm sorry about tonight, I shouldn't have had done that and I'm just realizing that now," He aplogized. "Not saying it was a mistake because I enjoyed every bit of it"

I smiled at his comment. I'm so lucky to know someone like Johnny.

"It's okay Johnny," I finally said.

After that I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Darry made the best ones ever even than the diner.

I looked down at the ground and saw no Johnny at all. He must be outside or in the bathroom, I thought.

I decided to pick myself off the couch and walk inyo the kitchen where Steve, Darry, and Two-Bit were eating at the table.

"This smells really good Darry, like old times" I smiled.
"Those were good times," He laughed to himself as I grabbed a plate full of food.

Years before Ponyboy, Sodapop, and Darry's parents died, I was around nine (this was just months before Dally went to jail) and of course all of us were close still. Our family is Greasers, we carry on the legacy as much as we can.

But I remember Darry being thirteen and his mom teaching him her recipe for pancakes. We all would eat those and even had lots of food fights with their dad that made their mom really mad.

Sadly after they died things slowly fell down. And now it's just not the same exciting way as it used to be.

After I was done I made sure to wash my plate before I headed outside. I seen everyone else out there and I stopped when I saw Dally.

"I came here to aplogize lil' sis, you know I ain't mean this stuff sometimes. Anger gets the best of me" He says.

I crossed my arms and looked at everyone else. I looked at Johnny who just stared down at the ground. He never even bothered to look up at me.

"I forgave him," He finally said. "Maybe you can too?"
"Fine." I said as Dally grinned.

It's because he's my brother, I love him a lot, but I also can fucking hate his guts. But I don't regret one bit of last night; I don't care if Johnny regrets it.

The silence grew louder and I just stood there awkwardly, not even saying a word while everyone else was making some conversations. I blurred everything out with thoughts in my mind but then I finally snapped back into reality.

"Whatever happened to the Soc that punched Darcy in the face?" Steve asked.
"Randy, I think his name was," Johnny said. "I wouldn't have any idea because I was the one who carried Darcy home"
"He was one crazy fucker" Sodapop laughed.
"Language Soda" Darry snarled making me snicker a little and Soda to give me a dirty look.

There was really nothing to do except go to the movies. There was one particular movie I was dying to see. And I knew one or two of the boys would watch it with me.

"Does anyone want to go see that new movie with me soon?" I asked.
"Sure I'll go," Ponyboy says.
"Me too," Says Johnny.

I smiled at them and took their hands before they could say anything; we headed off to watch the movie.

We sat down and ate our popcorn as the movie was starting. I could feel a hand intertwined with mine and looked up to see Johnny smiling at me. I kissed him which made Ponyboy go, 'ewww'.

I ended up loving the movie. Johnny and Ponyboy say it was alright but it wasn't their type. I shrugged them off and we walked to the park.

I ran to the swings and started swinging myself. I swayed my feet back and forth as Johnny and Ponyboy climb the monkey bars.

Ponyboy ended up falling and I stopped the swinging laughing hard. I'm so glad to have friends like these and I couldn't have it either way.