Chapter 8 - Pronounced Dead

Namjoon's POV

Here we were, sitting at the top of this gorgeous mountain. I was having such a good time. Spending time with her felt so relaxing. I didn't have to pretend to be someone else, I didn't have to think. It was just relieving. She shared all her snacks and water with me, such a kind heart she has.

I kept sneaking glances of her when she would look out over the rolling hills. She looked lovely again today. Her hair being pulled back showed off more of her lovely features. At this very moment in time, I felt so happy. This was such a peaceful moment, no sound surrounding us except the gust of wind or birds chirping.

She didn't seem bothered that I held her hand. She actually got kind of quiet once I did it, but I tried to bring her out of that. She didn't need to be shy about it. I couldn't help the urge to do so. Once we passed that couple it's all I could think about. I just wanted to hold her tiny hand.

"Do you want another cookie?" She asked me, I took another one and dropped it into my mouth with a smile. I was feeling so content and at ease, I couldn't help but sing. "Cookie made of buttah." It was the tune of our song 'Butter." She thought that was funny, she giggled over it.

I looked over at her, the breeze blowing back her soft bangs, I desperately wanted to kiss her. The sun shining on her skin, warming it, it was quite the sight. I didn't want to fight the urge anymore. I'm not sure how she felt about me, but this was going to determine that. I had to know. I was interested in her and I wanted her to know it.

Your POV

I ate another cookie and folded up the sack, putting it back in my bag. I let out a content sigh, it was so peaceful up here. I put up the empty container that once held the fruit. I drank the last of my water. I pulled out some chapstick from my pocket and applied it. All the wind up here was drying out my lips.

Once I put up the chapstick, RM scooted a little closer to me. I was instantly aware of how close he was. My heart sped up, our legs were touching again, I tried to keep my mind focused and my face straight. I didn't want to weird him out, showing him how excited I got that our bodies were touching. I kept my eyes away from him, I was trying to avoid being seen through. I didn't want to ruin this nice moment.

"Hey," Namjoon said softly, and I looked over at him. His piercing stare locked onto me, I forgot to breath. He held my chin in his fingers and pulled me to him as he leaned in. He closed his eyes and pressed his wonderful thick lips to mine. I about fainted, but he pulled back and was searching in my eyes. My face flushed bright red, and I couldn't say anything. RM giggled and covered his face in embarrassment.

                "I've been wanting to do that," he said timidly, and I couldn't breathe or speak still

"I've been wanting to do that," he said timidly, and I couldn't breathe or speak still. I just stared over at him confused. He just kissed me. Kim Namjoon. Rap Monster, the God of Destruction just kissed me. He was destroying everything alright. I couldn't think straight.

"You have?" I asked, completely and utterly shaken to my core. Why would this beautiful, perfect man want to kiss someone like me? I was as plain and as boring as a person could get. I could not wrap my brain around it. My psychology classes didn't tell me how to break this down and how to handle it.

RM nodded, still being shy, it was so cute. I don't know how to handle all of this. The kiss, the cuteness, the urge to kiss him again. I picked at my nails, not knowing what to do. "Can we do that again?" I blurted out, blushing furiously. Bashful about what I just said. 

Namjoon looked at me again and he fought the urge to smile, he nodded. He placed his hands on the sides of my face and leaned in, our lips met again and this time I kissed him back. Those perfect lips, so soft and plump. A girl could lose herself for days in those lips.

We broke apart again and we both got timid. He covered his face again, hiding it in his hands. I rubbed my lips together, smoothing in the chapstick left on my lips. He saw me do that and he did the same thing. Rubbing in the chapstick he stole from my lips, I giggled and blushed even more. "Should we make our way down?" He asked, breaking the awkward giggle fit we were both having. I nodded.

Namjoon put his hand out to me, palm facing up, smiling with those dimples. I grinned and took his hand. We started making our way back down the mountain, hand in hand. "This was really nice," I say, looking up at him. He grins and nods, "It sure was, we will have to do this again."

While we are walking in our comfortable, quiet bliss, I stumble. I hate my clumsy self. I must have stepped out a pointed rock, my ankle rolled, and I immediately sat down, grabbing onto my ankle. There was a sharp pain shooting up my leg. Namjoon looks down at me, shock, and concern all in his eyes. "Are you okay?!" He shouts, squatting down beside me. I wince as I try to move my ankle around. "I'm okay," I lie and try to stand up but immediately fall back down on my butt. The pain is too much, I can't stand.

RM stands up and looks around. "We have a long way to go. You can't walk?" I try to stand up again but fail, it hurts too badly. "No...I don't think so." I look down ashamed, my stupid clumsy self ruined our wonderful day. "I'm sorry," I whisper out and Namjoon's eyes go wide. 

He squats down beside me again. "Why are you sorry? It's not like you meant to get hurt." I don't meet his eyes; I feel so guilty now. "I ruined our day." I say softly and I hear Namjoon laugh sarcastically. "Are you kidding me? This was the best day I've had in a while before you got hurt." I looked him at him, those precious dimples on display.

"Really?" I ask, self-consciously. He nods, smiling so wide his eyes squeeze shut. I absolutely love when he does that smile, it melts my heart. RM turns his back to me, "Come, climb on, we gotta get you back to the car." I blush rapidly at the realization. He's going to carry me all the way back. He has no choice though; I try to remind myself of this. Not to get the wrong idea. I awkwardly position myself on his back. I shyly wrap my arms around his neck, he stands up quickly, holding onto my legs that are hanging by his sides.