Babysitting

What was so important to that she had to tell me so late at night. Claire is a mystery to me but she is also a business woman so that's also a factor.

Once I finally got my lazy ass up I went outside to see Claire as angry as a bull. Guess I took too long. In her time i took too long. She glared at as I approached her. "So what did you want to ask me? And I hope it's not on a date because I'm not straight." She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Im not here for that nor will I ever be. I'm here to ask if you'll watch over my nephews while they stay here at the park."

Who knew she had family. That woman never tell us anything about her so it was a shock. "What's in it for me if I do?" I love to bargain with people. I get that from my....dad... guess I do have some qualities from him. "You get a pay raise of five dollars plus a full week off from working while being paid once they get here." I see how it is. "Why not get your assistant to do it." I can tell her patience is running thin, it's always fun to mess with people. "She said no to it and when I gave her the same deal she threatened to quit. So will you do it."

Ugh I might as well. It's either that or get lectured if someone falls into the raptors pit again. "Fine I'll do it. But only if I get paid fifteen an hour for babysitting." I love getting paid well especially when I get to choose the price. "Deal. You start tomorrow. They will be here around twelve thirty pushing it is one o'clock." I nodded and she walked off to go do God knows what.

In the morning

Owen decided to be an asshole and wake me up super early. "Tell me again why I'm up this early. I don't have work till ten and you were never a morning person." "I know. But in order to get you fully up is to get you to work. And that takes you hours to do." I groaned and grumbled at the even the mere thought of physical labor. But I know he's right about it taking hours. But still it was too early for this shit. I can't focus on whatever the full we're doing.

Mini time skip

Okay so he was right and now I'm wide awake and it's twelve o'clock. Oh shit I'm gonna be late! I gotta run if I'm gonna make it there on time.

As I ran I had to sort of weave my way through the crowd. By that I mean it's a move or lose it situation. I never had to run so fast in my life. Even when I was working with wild animals. Though if it helps me get there faster then it's whatever works.

As soon as I got there I saw two confused kids looking around. "Hey! Are you guys Zach and Grey Mitchell? In here to babysit you guys and don't question why I work here." They nodded but looked suspicious of me. "Why do you look so young? And why are you covered in scars? How many dinosaurs do you work with on the daily? Also my name is Grey and Zack is my older brother."

I just now realized why I never took babysitting jobs. "Okay, I can tell you talk a lot. And he's the awkward gangly teen with little to no muscle. Got it." I guided them through the park and to the hotel they'll be staying at. The kid practically zoomed his way there. I was still exhausted from getting to them on time. The teen was pretty much one of those going through the 'tough guy' phase.

"So are you gonna tell us your name?" He's right I almost forgot to introduce myself and and tell them their schedule. "The names Chester and you can see anything you want to but before that you have to meet your aunt in half an hour. Any questions about the park?"

The kid thought about what they were gonna ask but his younger brother beat him to it. "How old are you? How long have you been working here? What's your favorite species?" I had no idea how he can keep up on so many questions. "Well I'm twenty-four and I've worked here for five years. And my favorite species is the raptors that we have." His eyes literally lit up as soon as I said that.

As we made our way to the hotel they were gonna be staying at the kid kept asking questions. And he let very personal questions slip out ever now and then. I wonder how anyone can keep up with him. He even ran ahead. He doesn't even know where he's going.

I looked at the teen for help but all he did was laugh. "Okay Mr tough guy. Any questions from you?" He thought about it for a minute before answering. "How did you get a job here at nineteen?" Okay not the type of question I was expecting from a teen. "Uhh... well that's a long story. I can tell you about it later right now we need to see your aunt." I almost forgot about the one o'clock meet up so she can see her nephews.

So right now I'm taking them to the crown jewel. I looked like a pyramid made of glass. I forgot what it was called though. As we walked there were different activities and things for kids to do. There was also holograms of dinosaurs showing and switching depending on who drags what species to the center of the screen on the devices provided only for this building. I saw Claire just now arriving. Grey literally zoomed right past me and to his aunt while Zach was calmly walked over. Those two couldn't be more different.

As they talked I sort of just stood there awkwardly. I really don't like intruding in on their moment. That was until Zarah had to butt in about how late she'll be back. One way to be a buzz kill. "Does that mean we get to hang out with Chester more? Not that I'm not sad about missing time with you." Why am I being dragged into this. "Yes you'll get more time with him until I get off of work that is. Anyways I hope you guys have fun. And Chester watch over them make sure nothing bad happens." I nodded as she turned away from the group and Ms buzz kill followed her.

I clapped my hands loudly to get their attention and to scare them a bit too. "So what shall we see first? Or do you wanna go to the nearest thing to at least see a dinosaur before we start?" I'll let them decide because I like it when I don't have to make a decision. "The nearest one should be fine. Its better to get the shock out first." "Oh so he speaks. Well I'll take you to the petting zoo." This is gonna be a long day.

Okay this was kind of rushed. I'm working on another book. Big surprise. I don't know if I'll publish it yet. And wattpad isn't letting put songs that are in my style so there probablywon't be any music for a while sorry about that. But other than that I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you all I'm the next chapter. Bye~

(1223 words)