...Long Day

Aether had woken up in the morning and yawned, stretching and getting up once the sun had risen in the sky and peeked through the crack in the curtains.

"Good morning to you too, Sunshine." He laughed and put on his slippers to walk through the small house he rented for him and Venti, going over to his room and knocking on the doorway since he often came back from drinking every night and usually didn't close the door.

Aether honestly didn't mind when Venti drank a lot, but some days, he wished that he would do it less often. What could he do? Not much.

"Good morning, you sleepyhead!" Aether laughed with a large smile overthrowing the concerned look in his eyes. He knew Venti was a deep sleeper and that was the best part of all this. He loved to joke around with him and make it seem as if he was upset with him for sleeping so much, but he really wasn't. It was all fun in games to him.

Venti had rubbed his eyes and opened them, watching Venti slowly open up the curtain, "I don't wanna be awake yet-" Venti complained and looked at Aether.

"Well, I'm sorry, but I had to wake you to tell you something that's very important."

"Important?" Venti tilted his head.

"Yes. Important." Aether nodded at Venti, "so, I got a commission from the Adventurer's Guild and I'll probably be gone for about a week. If you don't want to be here by yourself, I can always go get Albedo so he can watch you while I'm gone."

"I thought they said that I had to come with you if you had to leave?" Venti tilted his head slowly.

"They told me it's a bit too dangerous for you to come along, so I suggest that you stay here in this house. It's just better for you."

Venti just ended up nodding in response. He had nothing to say. He stayed laying on the bed and sighed.

"I'm going to go back to sleep, my head hurts." Venti rolled over with a groan and covered his face with his pillow.

Aether sighed and exited the room. He felt like something was going to go wrong while he was gone, but he was going to keep faith that nothing was going to go wrong. He paced for a while and then just kind of picked up his sword and got food ready to go for this commission. He didn't want to leave Venti behind. It really felt like betrayal to him. Aether was ready to leave and then went outside and went to get more information on the mission he was doing.

Venti woke up and yawned. He didn't even realize he was all by himself.

(upcoming bit will have some violence, so if you don't want to read it, scroll [:, but it is important to the plot)

-

-

-

-

-

-

Soon, Venti had heard a tapping sound coming from the window. Who could be wanting his attention at this hour? He got off the bed and went to go open the window and then noticed La Signora.

"What are you doing here?!" Venti's eyes had widened and he sighed. He didn't feel like her presence was very good for his mental health.

"Why do you think I'm here, pipsqueak?" La Signora insulted and grabbed Venti by the arm to yank him outside.

Venti screamed and tried calling for Aether, still unaware he was long gone.

"There is no point in calling for help!" La Signora stated and continued to drag him by the arm over to the Knight of Favonius Headquarters.

Venti was shaking a lot now and really didn't want to be here. He felt his legs be frozen when he tried to run away from La Signora.

"Don't try to run!" La Signora had pretty much released a growl from her lips and saw that Venti was trying to use Anemo to free himself from the ice around his feet.

He felt her arm reached into his chest and grab his Gnosis out of his body. He yelped and then let out a gasp for air once she had the Gnosis in her fingers.

"You're the vile vermin that nobody would want to truly quarrel with.." Venti mumbled weakly, which ended up making La Signora kicked him at the waist.

"ugh..." Venti felt like he got knocked out just then and didn't sense that she was gone, even though she was.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

(normal story starts back up here [:!)

After a little while, Venti opened his eyes. He could only see mostly out of his left eye, but it was blurry and staticky. The right eye he could see anything out of.

«What happened to me...? Why can't I see anything?»

A figure with blonde hair had stood over Venti and picked him up. His arms were cold and definitely were not warm like Aether's arms.

"You're safe now..." the boy had muttered and took Venti back to the house that Aether and him shared, setting him down on his bed.

"Who are you?" Venti asked, only able to glance up to the male by sound.

"Albedo. Chief Alchemist of the Knights of Favonius. You should know who I am, I presume?"

"I would recognize you if you had a face.."

"What?" Albedo seemed confused. "That's... odd."

"What do you mean? I literally cannot see your face."

"Oh." Albedo had to ponder this for a few moments. He still couldn't grasp what was going on with Venti, but he had to figure it out soon.

"Yep. I don't know how I lost my sight though, and have no idea how it correlates to my uh... powers."

"Venti, I know you're the Anemo god, you don't have to censor your wording around me." Albedo crossed his arms.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I just wish I could see your face, Albedo."

"Me too. I'm sure you miss your sight."

"Mhm." Venti seemed less like himself than Albedo was used to, but he would have to write a letter to Aether about this.

"You rest, I'm going to write a letter to the Traveller..."

Venti nods and laid down, trying to relax while Albedo was preparing to write the letter.

\\ i did this on my sister's old computer because mine is being dumb rn and i didn't want to use my phone, so i hope you enjoy lol\\