¢нαρтєя Э.θ7

"Help yourselves!" announced Beomgyu, as the meat was already sizzling on the small grill that stood in the middle of the table

Dae didn't need to be told twice and immediately reached for a large piece of meat with his chopsticks. He was so hungry that he didn't even cut it, but just took a bite. His brother watched him and didn't touch any of the food that was smoking so deliciously.

It smelled incredibly delicious, but he just kept pressing his full lips together.

Was Beomgyu trying to make him feel guilty?

I had no idea that a pinched expression could be so cute. Your nose crinkles up like a sneezing cat when you do that. ⊱

"So, Dae," Beomgyu began the conversation, reaching behind his ear with his right hand, conjuring up a pencil barely as long as his thumb, "what do you want to do after school? Do you know what you want to become yet?"

Beomgyu didn't really pay attention to Yeonjun, because even though the latter's younger brother had messed up, he didn't necessarily like the behavior.

"Honestly, I don't even know if I can finish school," the 16-year-old Dae with the dark bangs muttered, taking another bite of the piece of meat as if he had simply said that the weather was cloudy today. However, Yeonjun's cat eyes latched onto him and immediately the latter gasped upon hearing this statement.

"You don't like going to school anymore?"

Dae just nodded slightly at his brother's question.

"Why wouldn't you finish school?", Beomgyu also wanted to know, while he had put down the pencil next to a napkin and stacked the finished grilled meat on a small bowl of rice, finally placing it in front of Yeonjun.

While it didn't seem like the young man with the longer hair was paying attention to Yeonjun, nothing escaped Beomgyu's attention.

The student shrugged his shoulders. "My grades are bad, and the teacher said if I don't try hard, I should quit school right now."

Yeonjun sighed after squinting at the bowl, the scent now coming straight to his nose. He had known that Dae was struggling in school, but he had not been aware that his grades were so bad. He himself had dropped out of school at that time to go to work and earn money for his family. He didn't want his brother to fail to graduate either.

"Why did you become worse so much?"

Dae remained silent and stared at his food.

That the mood was getting worse was all too clear. But Beomgyu figured that with the brother, he probably would have been a little pantsed at that age, too.

"You know," Beomgyu therefore put in to lift the spirits a little again, "my parents didn't want me to go to school. Way too dangerous for me, they said."