Chapter 18

Jeremy

Marcus had just returned from his off time with his father.

We were smoking a blunt on the roof of my apartment as we conversed.

"My dad's getting married this Saturday."

My eyebrows raised in surprise, "Oh yeah? How do you feel about it?"

"I don't know... I don't know how to feel about a lot of shit lately. I know my sister doesn't give a fuck and maybe I shouldn't too, but he's been trying and I'm trying my best to forgive him for the past."

I sighed, "I don't know what to say to you bro."

He snorted in disbelief, "That's a first, you always have something to say."

"I don't this time."

"I have your invitation back at my place. I was hoping you could convince Marissa to come too. She used to always listen to you, you're like another brother to her." he continued.

Another brother huh.

I shook my head, "She's not gonna listen to me man. She's got her mind made up about your pops."

I could try talking to Marissa, but she's not gonna listen to me in regards to the wedding.

"I need you to try. Bryan really wants her there and I do too because I don't think I can get through the wedding without her there."

I sighed, "I'll try, but whether or not she shows up is gonna be her choice."

"Of course. I owe you one Manning."

~~

I sat around my desk, reading glasses perched on my face, finishing up my assignments before the Christmas break approached.

Marissa was in my bed sleeping naked under my sheets while looking as ravishing as one could possibly look while sleeping.

I had yet to mention her father's wedding to her.

Minutes into typing my paper, I felt a feather like kiss on my shoulder from behind notifying me that she had woken up.

I turned around to face her. "Hey, you're awake."

"Mhm," she replied sated. "Unfortunately, your dick game is so good that it puts me to bed."

I smiled, "Unfortunately?" I bit her cheek and she pushes me off, laughing while retreating further up the bed away from me.

She picks her phone up from the night stand and occupies herself with it. I decide that now would be the best time to tell her about the wedding.

"Hey, did you know your dad's getting married this Saturday?"

Her eyebrows raised to her hairline, "Are you serious? Marcus failed to mention that, but good for Bryan."

"My whole family got an invitation and I'm going with Marcus. Are you coming with us?"

"I don't intend to. Y'all have fun though. Catch the bouquet for me."