Chapter 9

Marissa

"Marissa," Jeremy greets as he sits in front of me suddenly.

I look up only for a few seconds, "Hey," I answer with an exhale, not wanting to inhale too much of his scent.

He licks his pink lips, "You busy?"

I pause my writing, before shaking my head then rolling my eyes. Deciding not to start an argument, I answer.

"Yeah, I'm trying to finish a paper," I replied absentmindedly. My pen is going a mile a minute because I'm overflowing with ideas.

"Alright, this won't take long so just listen. Tomorrow is Scott's birthday and we're throwing a party for him. He asked me to extend an invitation to you and your friends... if you guys are interested," he said.

I placed my pen into the spine of my book to give him my full attention.

His hopeful expression is a dead giveaway he wants me to say yes.

"I don't know..." I answered truthfully. 

"Come on, you're too young to stay holed up in your apartment everyday. Also, I'll be the DD, so you can drink whatever you want and have fun," he assures me.

"You're not drinking?" He shakes his head. "Why?" I asked curiously.

"Because... I like to have a clear head, and... I'm also the team captain, I have to set an example," he explains peeking up at me under his lashes while he arranges my stationeries on the table.

I leaned my head to the side, somewhat impressed, "That's very mature of you... It's either that or you're a lightweight."

He chuckled and casted his grey eyes downwards at my pens, "I can hold my liquor, but when I'm drunk, I say a lot of shit I'm not supposed to," he replies.

I roll my eyes before smiling, "Just say you're a lightweight Jeremy, and go," I raised a brow.

He scanned my body as he got up about to say something then he paused, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"We'll see," I answered and he kept his eyes on me longer than usual before he smiled again, and I try to ignore just how alluring it is up close.

"I'll see you," he said.

"Bye." He nods and turned away.

He flashed a smile to the ladies at the table by the door who are congratulating him for the latest win before I catch the last glimpse of his football jacket.

~

I run my hands over my dress straightening it, as well as drying my sweaty hands as Kiara and I maneuvered through the house party leisurely.

Daniel's old man is filthy rich, so they're having Scott's party at one of his houses just a few minutes away from campus.

"Girl... there are some sexy men here you can hook up with." She glanced around the room.

"Who are mostly on the football team that my brother is also on. Plus, you know damn well I don't do no strings sex."

"Well you should," she mumbles and I slapped her arm playfully.