Chapter 4

Marissa

Mondays are one of the most busy days at the Grill.

Actually, everyday is a busy day with college students coming in and out of the place.

Relief took me over as I opened the door to my apartment, knowing that I can now relax.

Normally, I would take a shower, then relax while soaking my feet.

Today, however, I have an arrangement to tutor Jeremy in less than twenty minutes.

I stumbled upon my studious brother who's in the living room area doing his assignments on the couch.

"Hey Marcus, when Jeremy gets here could you please send him to my room?" I questioned.

"Yeah sure, and don't be too hard on him Marissa, we all know how hostile you can be," he said without looking up.

I folded my arms across my chest, "I'm not that bad?" I said but it sounded like I was asking him.

He looked up at me and stared blankly as if I was unbelievable.

I narrowed my eyes into slits, "Marcus, don't you start with me," I warned.

I am too tired to argue with him.

He grinned unapologetically, "Whatever. Don't you have to soak your bunions or something?" He teased.

I picked up the remote that's lying around, "I DO NOT have bunions... but what I do have are blisters from working hard to keep us afloat you dick," I threw it straight at his head after.

"Shit!" He hissed in pain holding his head before he straightened up.

"You're dead," he threatened me as he picked up the remote to throw it back at me.

I ran off Bolt style to my room as soon as he made his move and slammed the door shut.

"You're gonna have to come out for dinner stupid and I'll catch you then!" He yelled.

"Boy, what you said? I can't hear you behind this door," I taunted while laughing as I gathered my toiletries for my shower.

After my shower, I dressed in my casual attire.

I picked up my bag and started searching for my Sociology notes and a textbook they recommended we use for the course.

A knock seized my actions for a minute before I told Jeremy to come in.

I checked the time on my phone to see that it's exactly eight pm when Jeremy entered my room.

I gave him a once over, appreciating his toned arms that were on show.

"Look at that, eight o' clock sharp."

"Just like you wanted," he said sarcastically, before he stepped into my room like he owned it.

I never understood how Jeremy and my brother became friends.

While my brother was vibrant, Jeremy slips in and out of being moody and a charmer.