Chapter 12

Debbie in Lorien, Day 3 (cont'd)

Lou walked out of the bathroom after her quick shower, wearing her choice of clothing. A simple full sleeved top and track pants. Nothing fancy. Debbie looked at her, heart stinging a little to see billionaire Miller now wearing couple dollars worth clothing, that too worn out and colours fading.

But soon her focus shifted on something else. Daphne's eyes on Lou. Yup, By now, Daphne too was done unpacking. She went near Lou.

"Help me", she pouted in front of the blonde.

Her pout made Debbie angrier than she was few minutes ago. How dare she pout in front of her girlfrie... Well, in front of Lou!

"What do you need my help for?", Lou asked.

"I can't pick"

"Pick what?", Lou walked as she spoke. She stood in front of her wardrobe, for socks. She was looking for a particular pair.

"Between these two", Daphne said, holding two provocative night gowns.

Debbie really was tempted to throw whatever heavy object present there, at Daphne.

"Uh..." Lou didn't know what to say or do. "I... Daphne, I don't have heating system here. You'll freeze to death if you wear these... Whatever the hell they are", saying so, Lou turned back to check for socks.

"But I don't have anything else", Daphne pouted again, this time even hugging Lou from behind. Debbie almost got up from the bed to punch this bitch who was being so close to Lou. But well, she no longer has that right. At least that's what she thinks.

"Uh... Daph... I really can't help you with this", Lou said, trying to get out of the embrace. "Uh... Just wear whatever you have and then cover yourself with the quilt. Maybe that'll help"

"But I'll be cold", Daphne said, burying her face in Lou's neck. This was pretty bold of her. All these times, she never dared to go so far. Only limited to hugs.

"Uh... Hence the quilt", Lou said, putting some distance between the two. Really, she didn't understand why Daphne was being so... Clingy. Maybe she is not able to cope with the damage in her house? She loves her garden a lot and maybe that's why she is sad and seeking comfort? Whatever. But too much of clinging isn't comfortable for Lou. Hence the distance.

"I need more heat", Daphne pouted again.

"Uh... Socks?", Lou ignorantly said, holding a pair of whichever socks she got from the drawer. Debbie snickered at that while Daphne kind of was... Irritated?

"Lou... I don't want socks. I want warmth"

"Socks provide warmth. And the quilt"

"I need something more"

"Well... Wait", and Lou quickly opened a bigger drawer and took a thick white duvet out. "Here, this will keep you warm. It's new. Don't ruin it. Tomorrow will fix your house. And you can enjoy your warm cosy bedroom", Lou said, assuring her with genuine concern.

Debbie really couldn't control her laughter while Daphne stared at her angrily. Lou was... Oblivious.

"So... I hope you two... Can adjust here", saying so, Lou took the pair of socks she was looking for and walked outside, leaving Debbie and Daphne in the room.

************

"Move", Daphne said to Debbie, now wearing the tiny nightgown.

Debbie didn't bother moving aside. Instead, she slept in the middle, looking at the ceiling.

"I said move"

"I am tired. Just adjust here"

"Fucking move"