Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Name- June
Gender- Female
Ability- Ability Space
She is able to create a space as large as she wants and anything within the space she can control. Her ability let's her imagine anything and it will appear within her space. However, in order to control or create something, she must keep a very vivid and detailed imagination so her ability works properly.
Ability level- 7.5-7.8 (God tier)

We arrived at this shop called "Woaba Boba." Quite the catchy name, I liked it. This'll also be a nice experience as it'll be my first time trying boba! I usually stuck with water.

After we got our drinks, Sera started teasing John about his encounter with "Stone-Boy."

"Out of all things, you were going to throw him out the window?," Sera smirked.

"It's not like I had- HEY ITS NOT FUNNY! I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!!," John said in a flustered manner.

I sipped on my mango boba (which I know proclaim as my favorite drink), chuckling at their interactions.

"You always say that," Sera says as her smirk widened, "And yet here you are again, still in one piece."

"You're missing the point," John frowns.

"Come on, it's gotta be at least a little exciting! Living on the edge seems so fun!"

I flinched at that statement. Sera was wrong about that. Not everyone enjoys danger. Especially not me when that happened.

"Not at all...," John sets his drink down. "I really just want a moment of peace. Right now, every little conflict always turns into a full on brawl. I can't do anything without fearing for my life! Why does the world have to be so violent? What's wrong with talking things over with one another?"

I flinched again with his statement. His speech and attitude reminds me so much of her...

"Because it's a waste of time. There's no need to argue with a weakling to prove a point...," Sera responded.

"Because you can just overpower him?," John asked. "The stronger person isn't always right, you know! To have to use force to back up your claim... it's so pathetic!"

John was starting to get quite defensive... this subject must be important to him.

"What are you implying?"

Now it was John's turn to flinch. Finally, it was getting annoying, author, that you kept on making me be the one that's surprised. Don't make the readers think I'm that attached to the past.

"I didn't mean you, Sera, just high-tiers in general..."

I returned back to the conversation after my small complaint. There was a tense air between the two of them. I sipped my boba as quietly as possible. I have no idea on how to fix this situation. Excuse my lack of social skills.

"...EMBER has been leaving a trail of bodies. The most recent one being in Lovun. In an alley, near the intersection of Rokel and Acres Street, investigators have identified the body as the well known vigilante, 'X-Static.' No further personal information was given. The victim's body was covered in second degree burns and multiple stab wounds, and like all other EMBER victims, a very prominent brand of its logo marked the corpse."

...EMBER? What are they doing so close. It's only been a year since... Could they have found me? No, they're probably here for something else. I better not let them be aware of my presence. At least the news settled down John and Sera's tense air a bit, but now people around us were giving me mixed emotions.

Some people were concerned on how close EMBER was, while others were bad-mouthing "X-Static."

Sera sighed. "And yet another self-proclaimed "Superhero" falls victim to the consequences of everyday society..."

"People need to learn to mind their own business. Especially if they don't have the strength to back it up."

"But he was trying to keep us safe...," John attempted to refute.

Sera simply sipped her boba and asked, "Do you feel safer? Now that he's dead?"

Hello everyone! Author here. 😅 I'm terribly sorry for not posting for so long! I'm trying to follow the original story while adding my character in it, as you can tell.