Chapter 32: The faces we hide

Nick's POV

Everyone watched as the swimmers jumped into the water and began to swim as fast as they could, except for Luca who just sank to the bottom and began to run to the buoy.

Luca, honestly I don't know how to feel about him right now, I don't know the full story but I don't like how Luca would just turn on his friend like that just because he wasn't human...but that's just how people are, they'll turn on anything they don't understand and scares them.

Why is it that people are so scared of what they don't understand? How come instead of trying to learn about it they instantly go into panic mode and assume the worst, that just causes people to get hurt, my past life back at green oak can attest to that...

Damn...Green oak, I haven't thought about that place in a long time, in fact there's a lot that I haven't thought about, like my mothers bracelet and my fathers bracer which are hidden beneath my shirt sleeves so I don't really see them that much unless I pull them up, and my mothers sword which is still broken.

Hey wait a minute, after this world the last world that I had been to but haven't sealed the keyhole to is skylands, that looked like a world of magic and stuff so maybe someone there could repair my mothers sword, granted I don't really need it since I have my keyblade but it's valuable to me in a sentimental sense.

Besides I'm pretty sure that once I find my parents and get the family back together she'd like to have her sword back.

Because I was concentrating so much on my thoughts I wasn't paying attention to the race until Kai started snickering, I asked him what was up and he simply pointed towards the water near the buoy where Ercole's helper, the one who got covered in oil or something was currently being attacked...by anchovies.

Ercole: Swim Ciccio, swim!

Ciccio: (Screams of pain)

I couldn't help but snicker at the sight and soon found myself laughing, nothing like watching a fat guy getting attacked by fish to brighten your day huh?

After some time Luca came back from below the water although he was covering his face which I found a little weird, suddenly Ercole tripped Luca and caused him to fall to the ground and his helmet to roll off, and just before Luca could tuck his head back in like a turtle I noticed a giant blur of light green.

Nick: (Oh god...I think I know what's going on now)

Luca quickly ran over to the table where the people were competing in the next part of the portorosso cup, the eating section, meanwhile Ercole's helper had finally arrived back to the shore and tagged the other guys hand who ran to the  table and began eating as well.

Kai: Mmm, now I'm hungry.

Nick: We can eat after the portorosso cup, and after sealing the keyhole of course.

Kai: Hey speaking of the keyholes, you know how you get a new keyblade every time you seal one of the keyholes right?

Nick: Yeah, what about it.

Kai: Well I've noticed that you only use one of your new keyblades when your clothes switch color, otherwise you just use your regular keyblade.

I held out my hands and summoned my keyblade which attracted some attention from the people standing next to us.