Chapter 2: Exploration, A Town's Troubles, and A Little Rescue

Alex: Let's see here...two hatcheries for gathering minerals, check. Two hatcheries and extractors for gathering gas, check. A spawning pool, check. A roach warren, check. A hydralisk den check. Bunch of creep tumors which are then spread out, check.

Currently, I've been busy building up my new hive cluster in the cavern. It's thanks to the fact that there are no nearby enemies at the moment and that the needed resources here are very abundant and unending. Definitely a prime target for some greedy comp- no, a fat and greedy government body.

Alex: Baneling nest, check. Some Spine and spore crawlers, check. Three evolution chambers for, well, evolution, check. All structures began developing all the evolutions available, check. The first warrior units are being incubated in their chrysalis, check. Fucking expensive as Hell too...ah, well. That oughta do it for today.

Ivy: Good work, Alex. This one didn't think so much would be done in so little time.

Alex: Well, if you have experience as a commander of a battlefield, you can easily do this much.

Ivy: I see. Due to your knowledge from your homeworld, our development hastens at least ten-fold!

Alex: I wouldn't say that fast, but yeah. It is pretty fast. Now, all that's left is to explore.

Ivy: Explore? But you already explored all that this cavern has to offer.

Alex: Exactly. Once the hive cluster expands up to the borders of this cavern, what then? Sit around? No. Our only choice then would be to expand to the outside world.

Ivy: Then let's wait until the Zerg warriors are born and ready for battle to become your escorts.

Alex: No. If what you said about this Abia goddess having a church is true, then there are human civilizations out there. If I just waltz in with some Zerg, that will definitely be troublesome to us. So, I will go alone. Besides, you taught me lots of new powers over the time I built the hive cluster.

Ivy: But, Alex...

Alex: I'm leaving you in charge of the cluster until I come back. Trust me. Ok?

Ivy: O...ok...

And so  I left the cavern and out through the entrance of the entrance. It looks like the cavern is a part of the mountains of this land.

Alex's Mind: Athria sure is beautiful! Much better than the city! Hm? Is that a village? Let's take a look. 

On my feet, I quickly ran down the mountains and made it down to the base and on the fresh and green grass of the ground...while making a little crater upon landing...whoops.

Alex: Yeah...let's get out of here before someone finds me like this...

Later on, I'm just taking my time as I walk towards the village I spotted. The natural scenery is amazing. Speaking of the scenery...

Alex: I think I hear a river ahead. Come to think of it, I didn't drink anything ever since my arrival. Let alone eat anything at all. Yet, I'm not so hungry or thirst yet. 

I quickly sprint to the river and arrive without so much as breaking a sweat, further signaling me that I'm no longer human.

Alex: Here we are. Now let's see...

I peer into the clear water of the river and see my reflection.

(Ignore the blood)