Chapter 4: New Discoveries, We Can Still Eat You, and Army Review

The following day after Elena and I made up and forged the alliance, I woke up to the sound of some high-pitched cheering coming from outside my chambers.

Alex: *Groan* Now what is that devil brat up to this time...?

After reluctantly getting up from that incredibly comfy bed, I get myself dressed and exit my chambers. I shortly encounter a scene of Elena giving pets and chin scratches to a few zerglings and hydralisks. What's surprising is that they seem to like it. All that happened while the many corpses of some strong-looking beasts lie at their feet.

Ivy: This one bids you good morning, master.

Alex: Ah. Good morning to you too, Ivy. *Yawn* Tell me, what's going on here...?

Ivy: I have sent a few of our zerg forces to go hunting. When they brought back their haul, Elena went over to greet them.

Alex: Oh, good to know that she's already getting along with us. Even though I'm keeping our forces in line with my psionic mind control...I'm also controlling you too, Ivy?

Ivy: No, master. Would it assure you to control me too?

Alex: No. As long as you don't stab me in the back, there's no reason to. You're still proven to be loyal to me up until now. I look forward to continued loyalty.

Ivy: *Gasp* T-this one doesn't deserve such praise, master!

Alex: Save it, Ivy. You do deserve it, nonetheless.

Elena: Wow. She might be even more loyal than my father's advisor.

Alex: Really? How loyal was he to your old man?

Elena: The only reason he was loyal to my father was because of his awe for my father's tremendous power. As for Ivy here, she may be loyal to you for not only your own power but for something else too. I don't know what that is though.

Ivy: I was born to serve Master Alex and Master Alex alone. And it is a destiny I have long accepted with all of my heart.

Elena: Really?

Alex: I found her asleep in a chrysalis. I spread some creep to her to wake her up and here she is.

Elena: Ah! I see. Like how baby creatures imprint on the first being they see, she must've imprinted on you when she hatched.

Ivy: Nonsense! The moment I saw Master Alex, I immediately knew that serving him was my destiny!

As Elena and Ivy continue bickering over the logic behind Ivy's loyalty to me, I just stand to the side, commanding the returning Zerg to store the hunted game in the storage area. After the orders are given, I turn back to the two and a smile crept up on my face.

Alex's Mind: They're already getting along. At this rate, we should have nothing to worry about with this Zerg-Demon alliance.

Alex: *Claps hands* Alright, ladies. Break it up. It's the morning and we haven't eaten a thing yet. I don't know about you girls, but I'm starving. I'll be in the kitchen. Ivy, have you found anything to make a fire with?

Ivy: The drones gathering minerals found something similar.

Alex: Similar?

Ivy: While I have knowledge of our kind and the resources we use, I haven't seen that particular piece of stone. It's orange and it exudes heat. I had it left alone until I got the chance to inform you about it.

Alex: And that was postponed until today because a lot happened yesterday. I see. Take me to it.

Ivy: Yes, master.