Closed door, Haunting house

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-

Shutting off his alarm, Kaito groaned. He really didn't feel like going to school today but he didn't want to be nagged by Aoko either. Heck, he'd rather go to school with a burning fever and do a heist on the same day than be nagged by Aoko in the morning just when he'd had such an... eventful night. Oh wait... he'd already done that once and it was definitely NOT fun.

Last night had been a KID heist and throughtout the whole day, Aoko just wouldn't shut up about how bad KID was and everything that he did was evil and stupid. She complained all about how KID made the police force look bad. Every insult had felt like a stab but he had listened and continued with his normal back and forth chatter because why should he stop Aoko from saying the truth? 

Hakuba and Akako only made it worse with their oh so scrutinizing gazes that felt like they could right through him. Through his lies, through his mask, through his facade and find out the truth that was in his heart. The truth he had buried as to not be touched by anyone. 

He got up, pushing away his sheets, to go to the bathroom to see how bad he looked, seeing as he had spent at one and a half hours crying himself to sleep. On the way, he stopped walking as he looked at his father's portrait.

What would his dad think? Of everything he's done till now? Of how he's coping with everything, albeit, you couldn't exactly call this a way of coping or a good way of one, but he's working on it. Would- ...would he be disappointed? 

Not wanting to break down first thing in the morning, he tore his gaze from the painting and promptly slapped both his cheeks with his hands to get his brain from sleepy-fuzzy mode to awake.

"Ow..." He muttered, now walking and rubbing his sore cheeks, as he thought that that was probably not the best idea but if it works, it works. Looking at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, he saw a pitiful-looking pale young boy who had slightly red and irritated eyes with tear stains all over his cheeks that had gotten a slight blush from when he had slapped them. 

"How utterly wonderful..." Not able to help the sarcasm in his words, the young magician sighed, starting to get ready for the day before a certain someone comes barging in and sees him like this.

<<<<<Meet Killer who brought you this timeskip to when Kaito is back at his house>>>>> 

Kaito closed the front door leaning his weight on it as he felt as he could collapse then and there without being bothered about not waking up again. Looking up from his mini-trance of tiredness, the young magician suddenly felt a lump in his throat as a feeling of suffocation came over him seeing the dull and dark house which used to be so lively. Tears pricked at the edge of his eyes as his breath seemed to be caught in-between of inhaling and actually breathing, as if it couldn't reach his lungs. 

Suddenly a wave of nausea hit him which seemed to multiply whenever he tried to breathe or gulp down the lump that had appeared in his throat. The always multiplying guilt on his conscience didn't help either, in fact, it seemed to be the reason of the suffocation and neasousness he seemed to feel constantly nowadays.

A choked noise escaped his lips and his head throbbed. It hurt, it hurt so much... Sometimes he'd wish for it stop happening but he always assured himself that he was fine. He was not fine. 

He didn't remember when his eyes closed, he didn't remember when the tears had started flowing, he didn't remember when he lifted his arms and when one of his hands tangled his fingers through his hair that pulled on the brown locks, he didn't remember when his anoher hand was at his mouth to, perhaps, quieten his already silent sobbing or when he had ended up on the floor in a fetal position. He didn't remember blacking out either... He knew what had happened though. How could he not, when it was almost a weekly occurence now? He only remembered thinking one thing, "I knew something was wrong when this hadn't happened in a week..." 

When he woke up, he was met with instant pain from almost everywhere but mostly his head. Groaning, he examined his position and tried to recall  what had occured in the past hour or so. His back was against the front door and his limbs were stiff because of being in such a bad position on the floor for such a long time. His face and hands felt gross and slimy because of the tears and snot. Carefully, he tangled one hand out his hair and the other off his face as he cautiously opened his eyes. 

It musn't have been that long since he blacked out, considering that the house didn't seem that much darker than before. Slowly he climbed to his feet with the help of the door and stretched his aching limbs a little, before regaining as much balance as he could and removing his shoes. 

Before going inside, he locked the door and picked up his abandoned bag from the floor. Still feeling dizzy, Kaito walked slowly towards the kitchen to feed his doves and get something to eat himself. His doves always greeted him with energy, cooing at him and nuzzeling which always made him feel better after something like this had happened.

He'd never let anyone know what happens behind after he closes the door of his house that seemed to mock him for all the mistakes he has ever done, reminding him how much he hurt his dear ones whenver he lied, every time he breathed. If anyone ever asked him why, that's because the reason was simple, "I deserve it. They don't need to worry when this is perfectly handled. What they don't know, can't hurt them..."

Well, that was another eventful day in the not-so-normal life of Kuroba Kaito!

1025 words minus a/n! Hope you enjoyed!

Opinion? Comment? Vote? 

Bye bye!