The Verge

Happy New Years! I wish you guys joy and happiness for 2022. Enjoy!!❤

"An ice cream date, very original." I told Luciano with a genuine smile on my face.

"I'm trying out something different." He said with a small smile on his face. "Maybe because you're different." He continued before looking me in the eyes.

"That's so sweet, you're sweet." I said and he chuckled lightly.

"Nobody has ever called me that before." He said and we both ended up laughing.

"Well there's a first time for everything." I said before placing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I think this is gonna be my new hangout spot from now on." I told him and he listened to me while eating his ice cream.

I like that.

He listens to me.

After our date we walked out of the shop together. We were greeted by almost everyone we walked past but we brushed it off.

Luciano is one of the most successful men in this city and on top of that he's known for his way with the ladies.

"How long will you be in the city?" He asked and I knew where this was going.

"My stay has been extended to six months. Why do you ask?" I asked him and he smiled.

"I was wondering if I could take you out again." He said and I couldn't help but smile.

"I'd like that." I told him as we stopped in front of my car. I hugged him for the longest while and I felt his hands resting on my waist.

I pulled back and placed a kiss on his cheek before pecking his lips and climbing into my car.

Charles drove me down to the mall since I had to buy myself something to wear on Saturday.

I went into at least three stores and couldn't decide what to buy so I called Dom, who arrived in less than fifteen minutes.

"This is ama-zing!" Dom sang out and I giggled. "We haven't been shopping together since last week." Dom exaggerated.

"That's a long time ago." I replied sarcastically and he rolled his eyes at me.

"I know just the thing for you." Dom said while looking me over from head to toe.

You know that look the designer gives the girl in the movie when she's about to get the make-over of her life. Yeah that's the one.

"Then let's go." I said before playfully pushing him forward. He led us into a gigantic store.

"Joan, welcome to paradise." He said before glancing at me. "You're gonna beg me to come back here, that's why I don't bring you here." He said and I was slightly offended.

"I don't think so." I said and he groaned.

"Ugh! You'll see what I mean later. But here your wonderland awaits you." He said before pointing his opened hand to a million clothing isles. My mouth was agape when I saw this.

A girl was walking with us, probably for fitting or something.

I spun around and found Dom looking at something. I went to stand next to him and that's when I saw it.

The hottest, sexiest.

Cat woman costume.

"She'll take it."

"I'll take it."

We said at the same time. I smiled at Dom before placing kisses all over his face.

"Joan don't  embarrass me like this." He said and I laughed at him. "We talked about this." He said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm gonna look fab in this. Dom you're literally a lifesaver." I said and he placed an imaginary crown on his head.

"Joan you know I'm the queen of fashion. The mother of fem de la cremé. The father of fabulousness." He said confidently. "Don't act so surprised." He continued.

"Can I show you something?" I asked Dom. I was nervous to do this but here goes nothing.

"You may show me whatever it is that your heart desires." He said in a failed British accent.

We quickly paid for the costume before going outside. I closed my eyes trying to remember where it was. I remembered and started walking.

"Child what is wrong with you? Sir I'm being kidnapped by my best friend she's five feet tall. Long curly hair, brown eyes." Dom said as we walked past a security guard so I hit his chest.

"Shut up!" I said before pulling him along with me.

"Here we are." I said after a while and Dom looked at me in disbelief. "This is where Matt bought your promise ring remember? And then he put it on right here in front of everyone. That was so long ago." I said and Dom just glared at me.

"You're really full of shit Joan." He said before turning away from me.

"Why because I'm trying to help?" I asked and Dom turned to face me again.

"I'm so over this conversation. Do you know how it feels to hear somebody constantly rubbing your failed relationship in your face?" He asked.

"That's not what I'm doing. I'm trying to understand you or what happened. I'm trying to help you two get back together." I said while gesturing with my hands.

"And how far has that gotten you? We're not getting back together. I wonder how you would feel if I was constantly asking you about Blake or Stephen. How about your dad?" He asked brutally.

"Really?" I asked as I felt tears stinging my eyes. He just looked at me. "You've gone too fucking far you know what that monster did to us! What he took away from me!" I yelled at Dom and people started looking at us.

"Joan-"

"Don't fucking talk to me right now! I know I'm not one to talk but you're a shitty friend to me right now. You could've nicely told me that I should drop it. But no, you just had to say that." I told him.

"You're right-" He said blankly.

"Thanks for the help, I'm fucking leaving." I said before walking away from him. I wiped my wet cheeks with shaky hands as I made my way to the parking lot.

I had Charles drive me to my park. I sat on my usual bench and breathed in the fresh air.

I closed my eyes and listened to my thoughts for a few minutes. I started crying in my hands. I never expected that from, Dom.

I kept my eyes closed and I saw my father. I squeezed  them shut even more but he didn't disappear.

I wish I could erase everything I had to go through and witness because of him. I hope he suffered a slow and painful death, because he deserves it.

All of the venomous hatred lacing my thoughts, my soul is because of him. I will never forgive him for what he did nor will I ever forget it.

What he did will never be undone, my pain will never be healed, because nothing will ever bring her back-

I stood up from the bench and started walking down the pavement. If I think about this any longer I'm gonna end up crying until I can't stop. I've been here before,

At the verge of breaking.

Soo... unfortunately I can't give you guys more details on what Joan's father did... yet.

I Love you.❤❤