Chapter 4: The Dark Mark

Helia ran as fast as her legs would carry her, back through the garden door and when she finally stopped at the oak, she saw the most terrifying scene she had ever witnessed in the world. Her mom was hanging upside down on top of the table, blood dripping down her throat. Her lifeless eyes stared right at her daughter's frozen frame, staring deep into Helia's soul. Helia shook her head, this can't be happening now. Her father had been chained to the white wall nearby, blood pouring down from his nose. His eye begged her not to make this bigger than it already is. The usually confident and demanding man is now nothing more than a mere shadow of his older self. Helia gulped, for the first time in her life she was speechless. Lashing out meant the possible death of her father, but staying silent was too hard. Her father looked that her again and Helia could practically heard him begging her not to do anything stupid. So she didn't say anything, only tears streaming down her face as Voldemort kindly asked Draco to take her to her room while wiping Orla's blood on the white table cloth, sneering at Helia as if claiming some sort of victory.

After climbing floors after floors, walking step after steps, she and Draco finally arrived at her room.

"Go shower and sleep, everything will be better tomorrow I promise" Draco said.

Helia glared at him, tears still streaming down her face. She was too angry and too sad to say anything, so she just simply walked away and slammed the door.

That night Helia lied on her bed, too many thoughts were keeping her awake. She knew she must get revenge, but how? She can not openly oppose the dark lord, that would mean the death of her dad as well. She had already lost three of her parents, two of which she barely remembers. She knows the only chance of her father surviving is if she side with Voldemort, if she builds up a wall so no one can get near enough to her heart like her parents did, so she will not suffer again.

The next morning came faster than Draco would like, last night his father had informed him that the Dark Lord wanted to see him at his study the next morning, and Draco was scared. But nevertheless he was strangely happy when Helia showed up at breakfast in the morning, and she was laughing along with Mrs. Malfoy, all traces of the sad girl he had seen last night gone. Lucious Malfoy walked towards his son, his eyes cold and there was no sign of love in them. He had told Draco that The Dark Lord would like to see him and Helia in his office in an hour. While Draco panicked and his blood ran cold, Helia seemed to remain calm and unbothered, in fact she was smiling. Draco was confused, whatever happened to the crying girl he saw yesterday.

"At lassst, I have waited for you. Take a ssseat" Voldemort said gesturing to the two black chairs in front of his desk.

"I called you here today to discuss the matter of Hogwarts. I have a task to give you but I would tell you later." the Dark Lord hissed again, "However I will now like to bring our attention to the matter at hand, you two joining the death eaters"

Draco froze.

Joining the Death Eaters is a big step, for even him. His face whitened though he prayed the Dark Lord did not see it. At that point in time he knew that his life had taken a huge turn.

Time passed way too quickly for Helia's liking and in a blink of an eye, she was standing outside the doors to the secret meeting room.

"It will be fine Helia dear, I promise it couldn't be scary at all," Mrs. Malfoy was saying, trying to comfort her as she walked around the room thinking of how Voldemort is going to cast the dark mark on her arm.

The room was limmly lit, Death Eaters sat around a rectangular table, all dressed in black. Lord Voldemort stood in the front welcoming with both arms extended to her, in a welcoming kind of way.

"Today we stood here to welcome another younger member to join our group, Helia Potter." Voldemort said. "This member would be a very senior member of the group so I expect you to respect her, e v e r y o n e o f y o u."

Helia finally stepped into the light, her left arm extended, ready to be marked.

A flash of white light.

Helia can feel something burning on her arm, something moving. Then she blacked out.

 Then she blacked out