Chapter 3

/Warnings/: This was rushed so I'm sorry if it's not good,

The blueberry birds were chirping in the beautiful blue skies above. A leaf from a maple tree flew in the wind, and drifted down upon my face. I sniffled and opened my eyes to see a leaf has covered my face. I sat up and watched as the leaf drifted off my face and on the ground, I looked around to see that the others haven't woken up yet. I took this as an opportunity, I shuffled out of my sleeping bag and packed it up. Wizard groaned and has woken up due to all the shuffling. After I packed the sleeping bag in my bag peeked out of the bushes but let out a soft gasp. Wizard was too tired to know what was happening but heard. "What's wrong?" he said having the urge yawn but held it in. I looked at him surprise but gestured him to come close, he kneeled down where I am and I pointed, his eyes widened when he saw what I saw. Hounds. "how did they get here?" wizard asked backing away from the bush, I simply shrugged. "I don't know, but we have to warn the others" wizard nodded and walked towards his sleeping bag and started packing.

Ginger brave was the first to wake up, I told him about the hounds are outside. When everyone was up and finished packing we snuck near the other entrance. Which was also heavy guarded with hounds, I guess it's time to test are strength. I pulled my spear from behind me and stabbed the ground with it then turned to the rest. "well, I'll go first custard will be last" custard was a healer after all, we can't afford to loose him. I charged at the hound and stabbed one of them with my spear, the rest were alerted and started attacking. Ginger brave then charged at them then hit them with his cane. I was getting some cuts here and there but custard healed some of them, strawberry came out of nowhere and attacked a hound from behind. Wizard was trying to read through is book while being chased by hounds. I threw my spear at them, which made the two hounds stunned then there was two spears. Since my spear was with the two hounds I had to fight with my fits. shoot. But instead I heard a blast then I had my spear back, I decided to throw my spear and successfully kick it with my foot and killed a row of them. "That was... cool" ginger brave said out of breath, I held my foot and smiled. It was a good trick but at what cost? My foot hurts now.

"I think it's time we go, we aren't safe here either" wizard said closing his book and shuffling it in his bag. I was still out of breath from the fight we did, I'm pretty sure we all wanted to go back the kingdom already. But It's too late to turn back now. "well were do we go now?" custard asked, healing everyone's wounds. Wizard didn't answer, he pulled out his book and sighed. "we can't just keep hiding, we have to face them soon" I didn't like the idea but he's right, we can't keep hiding forever. "well then what do we do?" ginger brave asked. "well we have two choices" he said closing his eyes tilting his head slightly. "either find another hiding spot, or two we go and save the ancients" that wasn't a hard decision, but we need to save the ancients but what if we get caught and we fail. "how about we get chili! She can help us" I smiled at custard but frowned. "if we go to chili we need to past the gates. I'm sure someone is guarding it."

I looked at Wizard "are those really our only oppositions" I asked, wizard nodded and lowered his head. "yes unfortunately" we will have to prepare if we want to go to face the cookies of darkness to get to them. "We find another hiding spot, we can't go unprepared" custard was skeptical about the decision I made, but agreed so did strawberry. "I know some of you want to go and save them, but like Y/n said we can't go unprepared" wizard said looking behind him as he walked. "besides it's only going to be one day to plan about this" I don't really like planning it hurts my head, but we gonna save the ancients. After hours of walking we finally found a place to rest and plan. Wizard took out some paper from his bag and started writing, I took out some paper myself and wrote a letter. Ginger brave caught me writing a note and looked over. "what's that for?" he asked observing the letter, I folded the paper and called a blueberry bird and they perched on my arm and took the letter. "It's for chili" I said pushing the bag away from me.

Wizard stopped drawing on the paper to give me a confused look. "For...Chili?" I nodded. "So that she can join if she want's to, which I highly doubt it" I mumbled the last part. Wizard sat up from his comfortable position and smoothed out the paper. "here is the map I made" I inched closer to wizard to see the little map drawing he made, and it looked pretty neat. "so first when we go inside, I am pretty sure there would be Red Velvet's hounds guarding" he pointed at the entrance. "so we will fight them off till we get to the main room" this planning is getting really tiring I thought. "while we are in the main room, I think the ancients would most likely be there" strawberry then spoke up. "I don't think it would be this easy, there must be some trick to it" she said lowering her voice at the end, I then thought about it. There is no way it could be this easy, since they know that people would eventually come and save them.

"So then were else do we go? Also we don't really know what the place looks like" I said looking at nicely drawn map, wizard nodded and took the map off the ground and folded it then put it in his small bag. "Yes, but I have seen some maps of the cookies of darkness castle" I widened my eyes in shock. Wait what? I looked at wizard for some explanation. "Before you tapped me, I was looking at a board with the map of the castle" I paused and thought for a minute, so wizard wasn't looking at the sky this whole time? I sighed and smiled at wizard, classic wizard. After the planning was done which took awhile, we finally got to sleep. First things in the morning we are going straight to the cookies of darkness castle.