008 - captain's address

ʷᶦˡˡ'ˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

ʷᶦˡˡ'ˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

‧₊˚✩ 🪐✩˚₊‧

"COME ON, THE CAPTAIN'S ADDRESS is in less than 7 minutes-- Let's not be late this once!" Judy urged, her voice echoing the Jupiter 2.

Flattening the blue oversized shirt I threw on, I leaned in front of my mirror to examine the faint hairs growing from my chin — there's been a couple after Bob. It wasn't until--

"Finally done with your beauty routine? Or is there a Bob the fifth I have to pluck out?" Penny leaned on the door as she smiled at my startled reflection in the mirror.

"You know, you've gotta leave those alone for the actual beard to come in." Dad joined beside her

"Yeah. Look at me," Don chimed in, "when I was your age I flexed on those three uncomfortably long hairs on my chin-- the chicks dig it," He chuckled as dad nodded in agreement, "Even Robot's got a stache somewhere in that starry face."

"Uh, don't listen to them, peach fuzz is perfectly fine," Penny objected as soon as she read the small hint on my face that I was a little convinced by Don and dad, "I also will disown you If you listen to dad and Don's terrible advice so--"

"--This is a very biased opinion but I'm with your sister on this," Mom said over all our radios. "Alright, are we finally ready to go?" Her tone clearly reflected more of a command than a suggestion.

 "Alright, are we finally ready to go?" Her tone clearly reflected more of a command than a suggestion

"SO...ANY RESOLUTIONS FOR THIS trip?" Don broke the silence of all seven of us admiring the grand interior of the Solidarity. But I could tell by the small smiles on our faces and childlike eyes that we were all more excited about the--

"New faces!" Penny breathed, "D'you know how easy it is to get bored of seeing the same-- I don't know-- 20 thousand faces on Alpha Centauri?"

"I just can't wait to meet new patients. I'm off to a pretty unique start, actually" Judy said to Don. He hummed, with an undeniable disturbance in his eyes to Judy's statement — probably only hearing how she's excited for us to inevitably fall short on our physical health. It's a doctor thing that takes a bit of getting used to.