1- Pilot

Home. For my whole childhood, I'd never truly felt at home. I'd never truly felt like I had real parents. 

For as long as I could remember, I've always been different from my family. The Cage Family. We'd always had our differences. They always leave me out of most family business. Whatever that may be. Whatever my mom or dad's snotty rich demeanor was, I didn't buy their bullshit for nothing.

They'd always treat me like I'm nothing anyways...

So, I'd mostly spend time with my sister, Diane, and that's how I liked it. Diane, the sweet and cheerful girl that was mom and dad's jewel. I don't mind it though; I've always been proud of Diane. I'd chase her behind the porch and beyond the backyard. Deep in the woods and far beneath the trees. Diane was always a troublemaker and always had the best hiding spots.

Which is the reason why'd it would always take me hours to find her.

...

August 15, 1972.
Cedar City, Utah.

I walked through the dark woods, the sunset was fading, and I had to find Diane. My sneakers squeaked as I ran faster past the woods, flashlight in hand. Flicking it on and off to conserve battery power.

"Diane!" I called out, scurrying past the sharp thorn bushes, trying to reach my sister. Whenever she may be. "Diane Cage, I need you right now! Mama's been calling you. She just finished dinner! ~", continuing past the tall grass, I focused my attention on the trees above me, "It's your favorite! ~. Cheesy stuffed empanad-."

"Cheesy stuffed empanadas! ~" she jumped down from the tree, swinging from the branches and landed on her feet.

Frightened, my hands shook at the sudden noise and turned on the flashlight. Only to find Diane.

She moved her hand over her eyes, eyes squinting, "Jeez, Y/n! It's just me! Put that honk of metal down! ~"

I lower it and shine it away from her face, "You shouldn't have scared me like that, Diane!" I grunted, "Who knows what can be in these woods!"

She giggled, "Ghosts."

"Yeah." I half-smiled, "Ghosts." We'd started walking back up the hill, leading back home.

"You've always been the skeptical type of gal." she mentions jokingly, "So much different from mama, papa and me."

"Well, you don't have to tell me twice." that hit a hard spot in me. I don't think Diane even realized. She's always been oblivious. "I already get told that basically every day of my life."

She frowns, "Well..." and locks elbows with me for my comfort, "I apologize for bringing it up. That wasn't any of my intentions... You know I'd never want to hurt you."

"I know, sis." I nodded in a reassuring manner before smiling purely for the first time in a while, "You know I don't take what you say to offense. So, why'd you even say that? I'd never hurt you either. You know that, right?"

"Yes, Y/n." she responds out of all honesty before returning her sunshine in her smile, "I do."

...

July 12, 1983.
Las Vegas

Just as the light purple ballerina music box comes to a pause, so do my memories. As I feel a nudge in my shoulder which causes me to turn around after admiring this box of music for so long.