Chapter three

"We thought it'd be fun. We thought we'd be safe, but... we didn't realize the... horror waiting for us on the island." Darius says, telling us a story (that he thought of) in front of the fire "Claws... Teeth... Screaming..." He said, making Sammy gasp. "So much screaming."

Ben then interrupts. "How much screaming?" He asks, holding a death grip on Kenji.

"Shh, he's getting to the good part." Kenji says to Ben.

"The T-Rex stalked closer." Darius continued. "Her jaws opened wide."

He was going to carry on but got interrupted by a camera flash. We all look over to see Brooklyn with her phone.

"For the vlog. Keep telling your little story." Brooklyn says.

Darius sighs but continues anyway. "The T-Rex sta–", before he could continue any further.

"Dang, out of space. Wait, I'm sorry, hold on. I just don't want to delete my selfie on Everest, you know?" Brooklyn says, showing us a selfie of her on Everest.

"Oooh." Sammy says.

"Maybe I should start over." Darius said, as he was pulling his hood back up.

"No! In fact you can just stop." Ben says, terrified, still holding on to Kenji's arm.

"Dude, chill. He's not even telling the story right now. And how is your grip this strong?" Kenji says, trying to get Ben off of him.

While Kenji was doing that Darius tried to continue. "So, the T-Rex stalked–" Darius then once again got cut off, but this time by Sammy.

"Shouldn't we call Yasmin over? I bet she'd love this story."

As soon as she said that Darius laid down.

"Maybe she wants to be by herself." Brooklyn answers and I nod.

"I don't understand."

"You know how sometimes people just wanna be left alone?" Kenji says looking down to Ben who is still clinging to Kenji.

Sammy starts chuckling, "Kenji, you're hilarious. I think she's just shy and doesn't know how to make camp friends."

After Sammy finished her sentence we got spooked by thunder, and it started raining. We started going in but I saw Darius wasn't moving. I walked up to him.

"Hey, your story was really good. Maybe I could hear it one time when the others aren't around."

"Really, you liked my story?" Darius said, looking at me.

"Yeah, I did. Now come on, let's get inside before one of us gets sick." I said holding out one of my hands for him to grab.

He looks at my hand then me and smiles, grabs my hand and I pull him up. We both smiled at each other then we went inside with the rest.

*Time skip*

"We get to drive Gyrospheres? Cool!" Darius says, going up to one of them.

"Saddle up dudes and dudettes. We're going for a cattle drive but with dinosaurs! It's a dino drive!" Dave says.

"And just to be clear, all these dinosaurs are herbivores right?" Ben asks, going up to Dave.

"Well they only chowed on the last kid a little, so we're, like, 99 percent sure they're cool." Roxie says in a joking manner.

"Relax Ben you'll be fine, Roxie's only joking." I said when I saw him get even more scared.

"Park personnel are moving a group of dinosaurs to fresh grazing land across the island, and we get to ride along behind the herd." Roxie says, looking at the herd.