Chapter five, part 1

It had been a couple of hours since we left the now destroyed camp. My arm has started to get worse but I'm pushing through the pain until we find somewhere with medical equipment and to not make the others worry. We all pushed past low hanging branches and tall grass but there were still no buildings or people in sight. Darius has been leading us with me behind him, while Ben stayed in the back. Ben was muttering to himself, trying to calm himself down, as he took out some hand sanitizer from his fanny pack and rubbed it on his hands and arms. He turned around and began walking backwards, when he stepped on a branch. The loud snap caused him to scream, the rest of us doing the same, me being careful of my arm. Realising what happened, he sighed.

"Sorry, I stepped on a twig." He said, making the others groan.

"Ugh, come on man." Brooklyn complained.

"You done gave me a heart attack!" Sammy said.

"I should step on you." Kenji says.

Darius sighs, "It's ok Ben. We're all on edge." He said.

"And lost." Yasmina stated, turning toward Darius.

"Yeah, we've been out here for a while now. Darius, Rose, we sure we're still headed towards the park?" Sammy asked.

"Well, we'd be sure if I still had my phone," Brooklyn started going towards Sammy making her back up. "Because it has a GPS, a compass app, and it also a phone!"

"Sammy didn't steal your phone!" Yasmina said going up to them and pushing Brooklyn back.

I didn't want to listen to this anymore so I tuned them out and started looking around to try and find anything.

"I know where we are!" Darius said, making me turn towards him.

When I turned I saw him run somewhere so I followed and I heard the others behind me.

"Were by the Carnotaurus paddock!" Darius said, turning around before running again.

"I thought this place looked familiar." Kenji said.

He carried on talking but I didn't listen. I just followed Darius.

"How did you know where the Carnataurus paddock was?" I said walking up to Darius.

"Um, it doesn't matter." He said turning red. "I remember the fence." Darius said ignoring my question.

He pushed some tall grass out the way and yes we did see a fence but a broken, ripped-down fence.

"A broken, ripped-down fence." Darius said, reading my mind.

"That means... that Toro is out here... with us." Ben said, panting.

"Now we have to deal with the Indominus and Toro" Darius said looking down, making me put my uninjured hand on his shoulder in a comforting way. "Hold up, how did you know about Toro?" Darius asked Ben.

"We all know, Kenji told us. Like the day after it happened." Yasmina said walking passed Ben and Yasmina.

"You all know but me. Why didn't I know about this?" I said looking at Kenji.

"You would've told!" Kenji said, shrugging.

"No I wouldn't, it's nice to know that you trust me." I said before walking up to the gate and examining it.

"In my defence, me saving you was super cool."

Darius sighed, "We know this enclosure is due North of the main park. So if we keep going that way we will hit the visitor centre. We're sure to find Dave and Roxie or someone else in charge."

"Yes, exactly what I was thinking as leader, which I am. Follow me." Kenji said going North with the others following, including me.

*Time skip*

We were all walking when Brooklyn pushed past Sammy and shoved a leaf in her face.

"Don't let Brooklyn upset you. She's just being... Brooklyn." Yasmina said.

"Hey, how's your arm?" Darius says coming up next to me.

"Oh, hey, it's ok, it just hurts a bit." I said lying through my teeth.

I started walking in front of him trying to stop the conversation since I hate lying, but I stopped walking when a hand grabbed my good arm. I turned towards him.

"You know you can tell me anything right? You don't have to lie to me."

"I know, why would I lie?" I said before walking away.

I kept walking, looking at my arm when the others gasped, making me look up. I looked up to find Molly, one of my Ankylosaurus.

"Molly." I gasped before running up to her and sitting on the floor putting her head on my lap.

I put my head closer to her mouth for a second to find out she's not breathing. I looked up to the others and shook my head. They started talking but I blocked them out. I started petting Molly and whispering 'I'm sorry', over and over again, I felt tears trickle down my cheek when we all heard something in the bushes making me look up. Darius was running towards me trying to pull me up when I didn't want to leave Molly but with my arm he eventually got me up and we ran to the others and hid. Darius held me in his arms. I held my breath, hearing the dinosaur come closer. There was a quiet squeal from the bushes, causing all of us to scream. Darius and I held each other close not wanting to look.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

854 words

I'm sorry its short I've got a lot going on right now, and I can't think of any ideas, so if you could commit some I'd really appreciate it. Thank you for all your reads I can't believe I'm at 300 going onto 400.