Chapter 11

Harry couldn't breathe, it was always harder to when he was talking to Ron than Hermione, but he was rarely if ever alone with Hermione, especially after she started spending more time with her new Ravenclaw friends. Whenever Ron found out that Harry couldn't breathe or talk or both then he would get livid with him, and Harry didn't want to tell anyone else, what if they felt the same way? What if they hated him after finding out? Harry didn't think he would be able to deal with being abandoned, so he would rather try to struggle through it alone than tell anyone other than Ron, his closest friend.

Harry just hated it was happening more and more often, the times getting closer together. Maybe it was because Dumbledore wasn't here anymore, somehow Dumbledore would be able to make Harry feel a sense of bliss, which would help to stop the wall from tightening around his throat.

"Harry!" A voice Harry knew so well called out. His heart leapt into his throat, and he felt like he could breath again. Malfoy had entered the otherwise empty classroom, his cheeks a little pink and his hair slightly messy, seeming to have been running.

Dumbledore had been very kind to Harry, and Harry vaguely remembered enjoying a feeling of empty bliss while they were together at the Burrow sometimes, but he had been told by Dumbledore that the feeling he had around the almost annoyingly good looking blond boy was hatred. Harry didn't want to disagree with Dumbledore, the first person to care about him and the one to first take him away from the Dursleys, but the feeling he had didn't match up to the description of hatred from anything Harry had read.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Harry spat, he assumed he was supposed to talk to someone he hated the way Ron spoke to Draco. Honestly it was something terrifying for him, every time he spoke against anyone he was fighting the thought in the back of his mind that he was going to be beaten black and blue. "And since when did you stop calling me Potter?"

Harry saw a glint of something in Draco's eyes, something Ron had snapped was cocky hatred when Harry tried to describe it to Hermione, thinking that maybe Dra- Malfoy was willing to change.

"Sorry about this, Harry, but we now think we have a way to fix this." D- Malfoy! Why was Harry finding it so difficult to call the blond by his surname in his thoughts, and not think about how good his hair looked in this lighting? Oh shoot, Draco was right in front of him now, pulling something out of his robes.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, trying to fumble for his wand when Draco pulled something that looked like a sleeping mask over Harry's eyes, leaving only a crack of light visible to Harry through a small hole at the top.

Harry was almost too shocked to realise his body was no longer responding to him, instead falling into D- MALFOY's arms as though he was fast asleep. The only part of his body he could move were his eyes, he couldn't even speak.

"I'm sorry, Harry, all of this will be back to normal when you wake up, or at least we'll be in the process." Drac- Malfoy whispered to Harry, brushing a stray bit of hair out of Harry's face as he hoisted the small boy into his arms.

Harry couldn't see where they were going, but he assumed he was being taken to the dungeons. He had no idea what the attractive Slytherin wanted to do to him, but the part of him that wanted him to stop struggling to move his arms to push himself out of Malfoy's arms was starting to win.

He wasn't sure Dumbledore was right about how he was feeling.

He wasn't sure Ron was right about Draco.

He wanted to have new friends like Hermione had found, he wanted to not have to be afraid of being abandoned. Harry didn't want to have to be scared of his friends anymore.

"You have him, is he okay?" Professor Lupin asked, Ron and Dumbledore were right, he was involved with everything, but why would they be asking if he was okay if they were just going to hand him over to Voldemort.

"Physically, at least as far as I could tell, but even after what he did, I think he still struggled with talking." Draco said, sounding sad and gentle as Harry felt himself be placed on something soft but firm.

"Well the fucker sent him back to the people who traumatised him to begin with." A deep, gravely voice Harry felt like he knew but if he tried to think about it his head hurt.

"The sleeping mask isn't on properly." Lucius' voice said from somewhere over Harry's head as he heard the Slytherin common room entrance open again. He didn't know what difference having the mask on fully would do, it's not like he could move anyway.

He realised what it would do after the small gap at the top was covered as it was pulled up properly and his eyes closed. Harry fell asleep hardly a moment afterwards, unable to hear who it was who had entered the room.