Chapter 17

"Do you two have a plan for where to stay?" Sirius asked once they all landed in the Lupin household.

"Not yet, but I'm sure we can come up with something." Lily said, not bothering to mention that they hadn't expected to be able to leave.

"You can stay with us until you can get yourselves on your feet." Remus offered, hopefully it would help Harry get used to being around them, but it could also make him more uncomfortable. That being said James and Lily needed help, and it would be easier for Harry to stay with the Malfoys than it would be for Lily and James to.

"Are you sure that's alright?" James asked.

"Would you be okay with it Harry?" Lily asked Harry gently, who was still holding Draco's hand tightly.

Harry didn't make eye contact with anyone, looking down to the left as he gave a small nod, still holding Draco's hands as tightly as he could, Draco squeezing his hand back.

"If you get uncomfortable at any point, let us know, we'll leave." James said.

"Draco, let's get you back to Hogwarts." Remus said, holding out a hand to Draco, Harry looking a little panicked, looking between Draco and Remus.

'Please don't go.' Harry signed, looking a little teary eyed, he couldn't hold onto Draco as he needed to be able to use his hands to communicate, but it was clear to everyone that he would have been clinging onto Draco if he could.

"I'm staying here with Harry." Draco said firmly, hugging Harry around the waist. "He needs me."

"Harry needs extra support right now." Sirius said, resting a hand on Remus' shoulder, the other man sighing.

"I'll talk to Natasha McGonagall about it. Melissa and Ven will probably want to drop by, so don't be surprised if they drop by." Remus said, taking a handful of flu powder and disappearing into the flames.

"Harry, do you know where Dumbledore is?" Sirius asked, moving onto the next thing as Lily and James went upstairs to find an empty room for the two of them to share, Sirius, Draco and Harry all taking seats in the living room, Harry and Draco sitting as close as they could without one sitting on the other's lap.

'Not really, but if we wanted to talk to him we added something to the letters R-O-N sent to his family.' Harry signed, it felt wrong to call Weasley "Ron", but at the same time he had become so used to it it was like a second nature, maybe there would still be some getting used to the fact that his false memories are fake and he wasn't actually friends with Ron.

"I have an idea to catch him if you're willing." Sirius said, while Draco fixed him with a glare, holding Harry tighter with the arm he had around him.

"What does this plan involve? We're not putting Harry in danger again." Draco said firmly, although he looked confident he was filled with worry, scared that Harry might disappear again.

"It's nothing like that." Sirius said, waving his hands in front of him. "I was just thinking that Harry, you could send a letter to him implying that we kidnapped you, but hadn't done anything yet, give the implication that there's limited time before we help you, and give just enough to get him to try to rescue you."

'But how will we get D-U-M-B-L-E-D-O-R-E and not one of the W-E-A-S-L-E-Y-S?' Harry asked, leaning his head on Draco's shoulder.

"Ah, that's simple. We say you're with people who claim to be James and Lily. He can go to the island, but the Weasleys can't. We can prepare for getting aurors and the like easily, but he can't." Sirius said with a malicious smile. Dumbledore's own evil actions were going to be his downfall.

"You think you can do that, Harry? You don't have to if you don't want to." Draco asked, nudging Harry's arm slightly.

'Do I have to see D-U-M-B-L-E-D-O-R-E?' Harry asked, not looking up.

"Not at all, I was planning for you to stay here or somewhere else you feel safe. I'm not giving him the chance to get you again." Sirius said, sitting further forwards and waving his hands as if he was waving the idea of Harry being on the island away.

'Okay then, I will do it.' Harry signed with a determined look on his face.

"By the way, who actually owns that island?" Draco asked. It was where Lily and James lived, and they still had most of their belongings there, but it was Dumbledore who had put them there.

"Who knows, don't think Lily and James really want it, and Dumbledore will likely lose everything he owns in the trial." Sirius said with a nonchalant shrug. "Why? Do you want it?"

"I was just curious." Draco said with a shrug.

'I'm going to start writing." Harry signed, getting up and looking at Draco, his eyes making it clear that he wanted Draco to be with him, probably being just as uncertain being alone as Draco was.

"I'll come." Draco said immediately, practically jumping to his feet as he grabbed onto Harry hand, the two of them heading for Harry's room, which was rather messier than it was when Harry had been taken, the mess caused as people searched the room for evidence.

'It's so messy.' Harry signed, looking a little upset as he saw his room in a state he would never let it become, even in his false memories when he shared with the very messy Ron.

"Sorry, I'll clear up while you write." Draco said, starting by neatening up the duvet on Harry's bed. "But I have something to ask you."

Harry flinched slightly, feeling like the question Draco wanted to ask was going to be bad. He didn't know what Draco would want to ask that would be bad, but he was nervous none the less.

'What?' Harry asked, chewing the inside of his lip.

"So before you were taken we were dating, but things have changed, so I need to ask if you... You know... Still want to be my boyfriend?" Draco asked, feeling embarrassed and not wanting to look at Harry because of it, but he had to if he wanted to have the answer.

'Do you not want to be my boyfriend any more?' Harry signed, his hands shaking slightly as he worried.

"No! I was asking because I thought you had the right to choose to have a break if you wanted.... Or to break up... But I really want to stay with you." Draco said, his cheeks pink, as were Harry's.

'So do I.' Harry signed, not looking at Draco, instead looking around for a quill and some parchment.

((A/N: I still haven't decided if I'm going to include Tonks or not, but I was asked about her so I had to draw them. I headcanon them as a demigirl who uses she/they pronouns and there's literally nothing anyone can do to stop me. I am really proud of my drawing of them though, so I hope you like it!!!! Anyway that's all for this chapter, there's still some time to vote by the previous chapter which couple you want Harry to stay with.))