Introduction / Meet the Horses

So, here we go again!

Last year, it was February and I was sick.  If I remember right, I spent a great deal of time while I was sick reading through a riding journal on Wattpad that I really enjoyed.  Suddenly, the idea came to me to make my own riding journal.

At first, it started out as fun.  I intended to write quick summaries with lots of emojis, etc.  But as time went on, I found that it couldn't stay that simple.  I was learning so much that I wanted to put down.  Plus, I always seemed to forget the emojis XD

Despite that, I've had quite a few readers stick with me, and I'm grateful to all of them for joining me on that journey <3 <3 <3 

So here we go into 2022.  I'm excited to see what it holds for me and all the horses I will be riding.  Allow me to introduce them to you:  

First, there's Shorty, my 14.1 hand pinto pony who is the subject of all the photos used in the cover of this book.  I've been riding him for four years going on five, and I love him.  I don't currently take my riding lessons with him and only ride him at home, but maybe this year that could change?  Anyhow, yeah, I love this little pony <3 <3 

Alright, now onto the horses I do ride from my lessons:  

First, Mariah, a 14.2 hh (I estimate) black arabian type mare that came to my trainer's last August.  She and I, along with my trainer and other lesson students, have been working out the many problems she has.  She's sassy and throws hissy fits sometimes, has a lot of go-go, always jumps as if to even touch the jump is offensive, and might be the horse I show on for the first time this year.  Despite all the trouble she's given me, I think she is my favorite lesson horse.

Next up, Lily, also a 14.2 mare with a lot of go-go, only she's a bay.  She's a mustang that's built stocky.  By far one of the most challenging lesson horses to ride, you never dare assume you have her all figured out because trust me, you don't.  But she's taught me a ton.  

Twister is currently not part of the lesson program and I haven't ridden him in awhile.  He's a dun pinto type of horse that's QH.  He came to my trainer with a lot of problems, which is why she was able to get him cheap, and we've been working on that ever since.  He's so much better now.  

Otis is a very sweet bay roan gelding.  He's only like, five years old but his sweet temperament is so amazing that he's being used in the lesson program.  Everybody loves Otis.  He's also QH.  

Cordell recently joined the lesson program, although he's been in training with my trainer for several years.  He's a gaited Tennessee Walking Horse gelding who's confirmation is not...  great.  One time, a neighbor thought he was a mule *smacks forehead* But he's even sweeter than Otis, which makes him perfect for lessons.  I've ridden him a lot.  

These are the horses I'm interacting the most with right now, but there's also others I've ridden / are at my trainer's place:

Sage, a four year old QH black mare I've ridden twice.

Captain Crunch, a dwarfed Tennessee walking horse. 

Bucky, a buckskin horse that I probably won't be able to ride again.

Solomon, a tall bay thoroughbred that a friend of mine now owns, so I might ride him again. 

Bia, a chestnut mare who was in the lesson program, but who my trainer sold to someone for a well deserved retirement.

Denali, a 14.2 lazy dun mare who also was sold into retirement last year.

Gator, a bay mare who was the first horse I rode with a lot of go-go.  I don't know what happened to her, one day she was gone and I was never told why.  My hope is is that she is also enjoying a well earned retirement.  

Firebug, a at least 16 hh fleabitten gray mare that is by far the tallest horse I've ridden.  I got to ride her three times before my trainer and another co-owner put her up for sale.  She's not only the tallest, but also the best bred mare I've ridden.

That's all that I can think of for right now.  

By the way, one little change is going to be made in this journal.  In the last one I called my trainer 'my trainer' but that get's awkward to write all the time.  So for this one, I'm just going to call her Trainer as her name.

As I stated in my last journal, I state here now:  I will not tolerate any bullying, slandering, or hating on me, my trainer, Shorty, or any of the horses.  You cannot possibly know all that goes into something, so don't assume you know it all.  

And yeah, I think that's it.  I'll see you in my next and first entry.  

1/1/2022