#11 HITCHING RAIL!!!

The hitching rail is FINALLY up!!  And by that I mean the rail has been put along on top of the posts, so now we have something SOLID to tie the horses to.  No more half hitching and hoping Cordell doesn't untie himself while you're away getting tack.  No more chasing after loose horses.  

It's so nice to be able to tie a real knot XD

But *coughs*  let's back up a bit.

So, when I arrived, Dave came running out to be the welcoming party.  My trainer tried to call him back, but he never listened.  He got in trouble for that.  Dave's real sweet, but he's a little...  Not smart in the way you want him to be smart.  

But, anyhow, my trainer said that we were going to the vet with Little Pig, because he had a cornea ulcer.  It was ironic because I'd gone to the same vet last week to get Shorty's shots and Coggins.  

But we weren't ready to leave just yet, so my trainer told me to bold feed sacks and start filling water tanks.  

There weren't many feed sacks, and I was done with that pretty quickly.  I turned on the water, then went on a mission to find the end of the hose.  After finding where it was making a mud puddle, I drug it over and started filling the third tank.  The lesson horse pen and the donkey pen are still merged into one pen, and I'm thinking they aren't going to be divided again anytime soon. 

My trainer came to get Little Pig while I was filling up the tank.  It was interesting to watch my trainer move among the horses to catch them, and watch her play the 'catching game' which she does so much better than me.  Little Pig didn't want to be caught, my trainer said he was being like "It's too early, you don't come get me until the afternoon" XD 

My question was also answered as to who became the boss horse the hot wire went down and the two pens merged.  Rugar was the leader of the lesson horse pen, and Little Pig the leader of the donkey pen, and I wasn't sure who would 'come out on top' as it were.  

Well, it was Little Pig.  After my trainer took Little Pig out of the pen, Rugar started pushing everybody around, making them move off.  My trainer mentioned that he was real intentional about that, that if she took Little Pig out of the pen and left him behind, he would start moving everyone around as if to say "I'm in charge now." 

I only filled the first water tank half way up before my trainer shut off the water on me and said it was time to go to the vet.

She asked me if I'd seen a cornea ulcer before, which I hadn't.  She showed it to me, and told me what they were going to do about it.

Little Pig loaded right up and, after clearing a space in the pick-up for me, we were off.

I can't really say much else that happened (had an exciting conversation with my trainer, but that's more private), we dropped Little Pig off in a pen at the vet, they'd treat him and my trainer would come back for him later.  They usually don't allow people to do that, but my trainer's been going there for years.

When we got back, I asked my trainer if she wanted me to keep filling up the waters.  She said yes, but first, to catch Cordell and tack him up for Vivie's lesson.  

So I caught sweet Cordell and tacked him up with his special inflatable pad.  It was so, so, so nice to just tie a real knot and walk away without fear that he would get loose.  I've probably caught him the most out of all the horses XD  Thankfully, he's not inclined to run away.

 I got his bridle, hung it on one of the chairs, and told Vivie to tell my trainer that it was there if she went looking for it.  Then, with that, I was off to finish watering.

It was pretty much uneventful.  As per usual, the filly in Sage's pen came over and wanted to play in the water, but all I would let her do was put her head under the stream of water.  Despite being so young, she can and will stick her leg in the stock tank to paw in the water.