3- Slowly Drifting

Thank you all for the support i've already had on this book! Enjoy the chapter and my attempt at angst. <3

Summary- It is now winter in Florida, and it snows, yet Sapnap seems to be off to the side as George and Dream giggle together. Sapnap recalls a memory that brings memories that he wish he could forget.

TW- Some tears
——————————————————————
Sapnap's POV:

It doesn't normally snow in Florida, it hasn't since i've been down here with Dream so when it did, excited bubbled within me. I was going to be able to all the things that happen when it snows but more importantly, i will be able to actually have a romantic, cheesy time with my boyfriend.

Ever since George got here, things have just been a bit off. In streams, I feel more disinclined, it seems that they forget about me and go off by themselves. Almost like they're in their own little world. In my most recent stream with Big Man Tommy and Mr Wilbur Soot, Dream and George were in the living room, just laughing away. Curiosity got the best of me.
—————————————————————
Flashback to that day:

The laughing got too much for me to handle, what were they so happy about? Pausing my steam for a second and letting the two I'm streaming with entertain my chat, I go investigate the other two who are disrupting my stream.

I wander off to the living room, calling to them from the kitchen.

"Dream? George? Can you keep it down?"

No response..

"Uhhh, guys? Did you not hear me?" I yell out a bit louder, hearing the laughing carry on.

I peek around the corner of the living room wall, through the archway that connects it to the kitchen. Swiftly, I glance at the sofa, and George is...cuddling. So that's why they're happy. My heart sinks to my stomach, they still haven't even noticed me when i'm inches away from them. Am I just not here?

Knowing that they haven't seen me, I creep back to my room, shutting the door behind me. I told them to join my stream, for jokes and laughs... My stream is muted, the faint voices of the boys entertaining my steam blurt through my headset, everything feels so surreal. I thought it was gonna work out nicely. I feel a tear slither down my face as my nose heats up in sadness.

I love George and I love Dream, and i'm sure they love each other too but seeing them snuggled up together shatters me.

Before I break down entirely, I sneak over to my computer, taking a deep breath before I end. I've never been so glad that I didn't have face cam on than today.

"Hello Chat!" I start "I'm afraid that i'm gonna be ending early today, Dream is err, on his clingy arc and I've gotta deal with my boyfriend!" I lie, trying to keep the tears from creeping into my speech.

"Bye bye flame boy. Keep Dream happy and don't get too attached to him, especially on this clingy arc" I hear Tommy say, a slight tone of worry etching into his speech

I laugh out at this. "Adios Big T and Mr Soot! Enjoy your streams!" I reply, adding a undertone of happiness to make my real feelings less noticeable.

Since i've signed off to my chat, promising that i'll do a longer steam to make up for the lack of time in this one, I click the end stream button, completely shutting down my computer. My clothes change from my normal ones to some comfy ones and a massive black hoodie. The white smile on it brings more tears to my eyes as I curl up in a ball on my bed.

It smells like him too. How ironic. And of course, the laugher in the background flows through the air, becoming muffled as I shove my head in between my pillow.

End of flashback.
—————————————————————
As I recall back in my memories, I can only remember hot streaks of tears running rapidly down my face as I kept my face firmly pressed into the pillow below me, not to ruin their fun. I must have fallen asleep after that, after my sobs decided to slow, as my body lost all energy within it, and as my boyfriend and best friend enjoyed their night together.

Waking up the next day, snow covered the grass from the storm that had raged yesterday. As I adjusted my senses from sleeping, the same faint laughing haunted my ears

"Come on Dreamy! Let's go enjoy the snow babyyyy!"

"Alright alright! I'm coming George!"

Those two lines broke my inside. That should be me but it's not. Why is it not me? Why is this hurting me so much? Why is love so complex?

These questions sprinted through my head all at once. The thought of them leaving me out ripped me up from the inside out, at least they are happy...that's what I recall repeating to myself in my state of agony.

Why wasn't it me going on to have fun with Dream, my boyfriend? Why?

————————————————————
Hope you enjoyed that chapter! It had a bit more angst and was longer. If you enjoy me writing angst instead of fluff or visa versa, let me know and I will try and include it in chapters in the future!

Remember that you are worth so much more than you think and never need to stop being yourself because you are amazing! Love you all and thank you all so much for the support again! <3

Word Count- 940