Gino's Downfall

The rain felt like bullets pounding on the bloody face of Gino. He laid there in the grass with drunks looking down at him, gawking and pointing. He could taste the blood mixed with alcohol in his mouth. He closed his eyes, taking in what had just happened. It felt like bricks were being thrown in at him during that fight. He could barely remember who it was that beat him up.

"Dude, that La Push guy got you bad. Your face is pretty fucked up," a bystander said to him, leaning in to get a better look. Taking all the strength he had in him, Gino pushed himself up.

"Get the hell away from me, I'm fine," He muttered, smearing the blood away from his mouth with the back of hand. The crowd stood back to give him some room and Gino walked forward to the street, seeing if Seth's truck was still there.

He was gone and he had Emily and Gigi with him. Gino could feel the anger rush through him. Who does Seth think he is? Walking into this party and acting like a hero? Gino growled in anger and turned on his heels back to the house.

"Dude, we tried to stop him from walking in! He literally shoved four of us all at once to get in there." One of Ginos friends said, jogging up to him. Gino rolled his eyes, can't his friends do anything right? This was his last chance to get a taste of Emily and to ruin Seth. And he lost.

Walking inside the house, the mood has changed. Everyone was very low-key and were huddled in groups, muttering about the fight. Gino couldn't handle the embarrassment. Turning to everyone in the living room and standing on the stairs, Gino exclaimed, "Yeah, yeah, I know. I got my ass handed to me from an idiot from La Push. You can all laugh now but I won't forget." Gino went upstairs to grab his things in the room he was in with Emily. This had to be the most humiliating night of his life. He has never lost a fight or a girl for that matter. Every other time he's drugged a girl, no one knows or finds out. How did Seth know?

Gino was lost in his thoughts when his buddies came into the room. "Look man, we're sorry. We don't know how he found you and when he was beating you up, we tried to sto-" "He did not beat me up!" Gino whipped around to face them. "You guys had one job and you couldn't even do that. Why do I even let you losers around me? Turn around and leave because in a second, I'm going to pound your faces in." Ginos buddies looked at each other and walked out, without a second word. Gino was finally alone.

He turned around to grab his backpack on the dresser and he saw his reflection. Through his blurry vision, he could see the black eyes forming, the blood dripping from his nose still, two teeth got knocked out, and he was pretty sure a rib and collar bone were broken. He grid his teeth in anger and balled his fists but quickly stopped, everything hurt him. He couldn't stand to look at himself anymore and walked out the messy bedroom.

Wanting to avoid people and more embarrassment, Gino left through the back door and began his walk home. He planned on sleeping over at that house but the night didn't go as planned. Now he had to walk home in the rain.

Feeling the rain pound on his head once again, he walked farther and farther away from the house and into the darkness of the night. It was raining so hard that he could barely see more than ten feet in front of him. His feet trudged through puddles and a car flew by, splashing his whole body. He was completely soaked now.

With the anger invading every thought in his mind, Gino didn't notice the figure that was walking a few paces behind him. With the heavy drops of rain, the figure walked almost silently. Gino was walking down a quiet road that consisted of a few street lamps. He put his phones flashlight on to help him see but to no use. The rain was too heavy.

Suddenly the figure was in front of Gino, standing under the street lamp. Gino stopped and blinked a few times, unsure if he was looking at a real person or it was the alcohol playing tricks. He tried to call out but coughed up more blood instead. He spat it on the ground to clear his mouth but when he looked back up, the figure was gone.

Gino's heart began to speed up. He wasn't sure what was real and what wasn't. Seth hit his head pretty hard multiple times, could he be seeing things?

"Is it bad to say I love feeding off of drunks?" a smooth mans voice whispered in Ginos ear. Even with the rain pouring down, Gino could hear everything. He tried to turn around but was met with a choke hold around his neck. With little strength left in him, Gino tried to pry him off.

"Let go of me, man! What do you want?!" Gino mustered out between breathes. His nose began to bleed more and the man did a sniffing noise. The man ignored his question.

"Hmm, it must be something about the alcohol in the blood, it almost makes me drunk." The man turned Gino around to take a look at him, "Man, looks like you had a rough night. I don't think any surgery could help that face" He laughed in Ginos face. Gino tried to throw a punch but fell to the ground instead, losing his strength. The man pushed him over with his foot to lay Gino on the ground, face up. The man began to contemplate something.

"Hmm, I think I know what could help that mug of yours." The man started pacing, thinking out loud to himself. "I don't usually do this because newbies sometimes want to stick around. . . but it's either that or I just kill you."

Gino couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had no idea what this strange man wanted. Looking up at him with fearful eyes, Gino could see the blood red eyes of this man. He was wearing an old time suit with a long coat, like any ordinary man. But his eyes terrified Gino. They were as deep of red as blood.

"I won't turn you in. Take what you want!" Gino pleaded. The man laughed. "As if you could turn me in. What I want is your blood and sadly, I can't just take some." The man smiled down at Gino. Then as quick as lightning, the man was kneeling besides him.

"Look, I'll make this fast since it looks like you've had a rough night so far. And when you wake up, well, you'll feel a lot better"

Before Gino could get a word out, the man leaned down and bit his neck. Gino could feel the two fangs seep into his skin and the blood rushing out of his body. His mind was going blank and he could feel himself losing consciousness.

It felt like an eternity till the man leaned away, blood dripping down his chin. Gino, just hanging on to some life, stared at him.

"Pleasure doing business with you." The man smiled. Gino could barely make out his frame before a new sensation started. Pain everywhere. Gino's body began to twist and curve in ways it never has. The pain was soaring through his veins and into every tendon and muscle. He could feel his body reforming into something new. Something lethal.

His limp body laid on the pavement, under the street lamp. He could once again feel the rain hit his face like bullets, except this time it didn't hurt. He didn't taste blood anymore from his nose or jaw. His ribs and collarbone weren't aching anymore. He grabbed his backpack and his phone from the ground, trying to piece together what just happened. Is he dead?

Turning on his phone he saw his reflection once again. He stared in horror at himself. He now has the same red eyes as the man. And he felt a certain hunger he's never felt before. Hunger and anger.

Well, I finally Updated!! After years and years! Short chapter but I wanted to just get something back out and I was excited for this one! Please comment and vote since you guys are my motivation to finish this book! :)