First Time Alone, At Last

Emily

I stood there,confused about what just happened. Gino has been talking to Seth. Seth says everything is alright. Yeah, something is definitely up. 

I walked back up to Sam and Older Emily's house when Gino and his gang walked out. I made eye contact with Gino and tried my best to cover it up, but failed miserably. 

"Everything alright, babe" Gino said, walking over to me. He looked different than last time I've seen him. He still had his bright, brown eyes but his hair was now short instead of framing his face. He also grew a few inches but not much, not nearly as tall as Seth. Although, he still passed for a hottie. . . until his true colors finally come out. As I stood in front of him I noticed he had just called me 'babe'. Really? I'm not his 'babe' anymore. Nor will I ever will be.

"Seth and I just got into a little argument." He shrugged, acting like its no big deal. No big deal my butt. 

"What kind of argument?" I asked, accusingly. I was getting annoyed at the fact that he had to nerve to talk to my Seth and still have the guts to call me 'babe'. 

He put his hands up in defense or it might have been in jest; I don't know. 

"Calm down, sweetie, everything will be alright. You'll be happy again." He said, winking at me. He walked past me and toward the road again, where his truck was. I turned around also in bewilderment. 

"I'll be happy again? What the hell is that suppose to mean?" I called back to him.  He turned around and smiled a perfect, sickly grin, "Whatever you want it to mean, babe". He climbed back into his truck while his buddies climbed into the bed of the car, and took off down the dirt, worn out road. 

That was weird. Whatever Gino was starting, I wanted to end it. I walked into the house and saw the Pack besides Seth, who needed to blow off some steam from earlier. Everyone was silent except for a few whispers. I couldn't take the secrets anymore. 

"What was all that about?" I asked everyone, my voice thundering through the quiet space. Everyone remained quiet. 

"Gino still wants you. . ." Colin said, not making eye contact with me. He still wants me? 

"What do you mean?" I asked anyone who would answer me. 

"Gino said he's going to take you from Seth, because you never stopped loving him" Brady finished, telling me all the details. So that's what happened at the bonfire that Seth mentioned earlier. Gino was drunk and accused me of still loving him. 

"When will Seth be home?" I asked Sam, hoping he'll know. He blew out a sigh and thought for a moment. 

"Who knows, he seemed pretty pissed" Sam said. I needed to talk to him as soon as possible. I needed to tell Seth he has nothing to worry about. 

Later. . . . 

I ate dinner alone that night because Sam took Emily to a new restaurant in Forks, and Gigi was somewhere with Gino. I still don't get it. 

Why would Gino stay with Gigi if he still wanted me? Was he trying to make me jealous by using Gigi? Was this his plan all along? From the moment he broke up with me five years ago? 

I got tired of thinking about this ridiculousness and went up stairs to get ready for bed. As I approached Gigi and I's room I started to hear loud whispering and moaning coming from someone. I rolled my eyes and turned away, disgusted. So thats where she was tonight, getting it on with Gino upstairs. 

I went downstairs, grabbing my bag from the hanger, and left the house. I knew exactly where to go. 

Now that I was older, I felt more confident and in control. I remember, last time I was here, I would have to tell Older Emily where I was going and who I was hanging out with; even if it was Seth.