𝗉𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗇𝖺𝗂𝗅𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗉𝗎𝗋𝗉𝗅𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗂𝗋 𝖽𝗒𝖾

Alex Gallagher was the most confusing, stubborn, cold-shoulder-giving teen you ever could meet

With dirty blonde hair stained with purple streaks, chipped pink nails, black chalky shadow and a careless attitude, she completed her family in the strangest way.

Her and her twin sister, Violet, had been inseparable since birth. They slept in cribs right next to each other, ate every meal next to each other, took drugs together and fell apart together.

Violet's head rested on Alex's shoulder as the car trundled along the highway. Soft snores escaped her sister's mouth. Vivian Harmon smiled at her children's bond. Ben Harmon smiled at his wife. Alex concentrated all of her energy on not letting the charcoal pencil go rouge on her paper.

The autumn sun was smooth against her pale cheeks, her parents hoped she'd catch some colour next summer.

Pippa, a tiny tabby kitten with mismatched blue and yellow eyes purred in Alex's lap, fur spilling onto the paper. The girl smiled down at the animal. "How long?" she asked, resting her head on Violet's.

"Twenty more minutes, Sweetheart," her mother told her, smiling, "I think you're going to love it here."

Alex smiled and went back to her drawing. An eye stared back at her, sun dancing across the page. Huffing as the car drove over a speed-bump, Alex abandoned the sketchpad into the net on the back of her father's seat and closed her eyes, fingers buried into Pippa's fur.

The car eventually left the highway behind and migrated to suburban streets. The houses were large and grand, a sight to marvel at. Alex nudged Violet to show her the houses whilst they stopped at a stop light.

"Dude," she mumbled, pointing at a house to there left. Violet's eyebrows raised.

"Jesus christ. Who needs a house like that? This place is gonna be full of pretentious assholes with trust funds."

Alex laughed, "and high-waisted skinny jeans," she giggled to her sister, resting her head against her shoulder. "Fuck it, Vye. We'll fuck this town up for good."

Ben raised a hand in protest, "uh, no you won't, madam. We're here for a fresh start, not a protest."

"Unless it's a feminism protest, the fuck up all you want," Vivian added, smiling as her daughters winked in unison.

Ben smiled as his eyes followed the road. "I've got my hands full with you three, haven't I?"