𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

~*~*~*~𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

~*~*~*~
𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 long,much to Annika's dismay. She glanced out the window of her classroom and saw the rain pattering against the glass and the petals of the beautiful roses outside in the garden of the school. Every time the day would end in rain means that she would have to run home,drenched and wet.

"Annika you alright?" She heard her teacher ask. She looked to her right to see her teacher looking down at her with concern. The classroom was empty and she looked outside to see the underclassmen and her classmates running to the bus under the rain.

"Yes...I-I'm fine." She answered hesitatingly and gathered her stuff.

"This isn't the first time you've dozed off in my class. Are you sure you're alright?" Her teacher,Mrs. Hartman asked her. Mrs. Hartman was a nice and sweet woman who was about in her mid 30's. She was married and had a son who she cared deeply for. She knew of Annika's home and treated her like she was her own daughter.

"Yeah I'm fine. I-I just feel very tired." She says and Mrs. Hartman nodded. She hugged Annika who hugged back.

"You can call me whenever you want to. I know life can be difficult and sometimes we need a shoulder to cry on. Go. The rain should be stopping soon." She says and Annika gave her a small smile before heading towards the door.

"Oh Annika." Her teacher calls for her and she stops to turn to look at her.

"Did you finish Fellowship of the ring?" She asked and Annika felt a blush settle in her cheeks.

"No not yet. It's good though. I'm at the part where the hobbits are traveling to the prancing pony." Annika revealed and Mrs. Hartman nodded.

"You will one of my favorite characters soon. He's sweet and kind and knows how to do bows if I may add. You will have an adventure reading. I guarantee it." Mrs. Hartman softly says and Annika nodded with a chuckle.

"I must get going. I'll finish it and give it to you soon. I promise. Bye Mrs. Hartman." She says and Mrs. Hartman smiles and waved at her.

"You will have an adventure. It'll be journey you will never forget." Mrs. Hartman says with a knowing look.

~*~*~*~

Annika groans as she soon runs through the hard rain. She had no umbrella but just a hoodie she always wore. She rushed quickly through town where she saw people rushing into the stores and restaurants for shelter from the rain.

"'Ello Annika." Mr. Peterson,who owned a fish store,waved to her.

"Hi Mr. Peterson." She yells at him with a smile. After some moments of running,she finally makes it to her street where she quickly stops running and starts to slowly walk. She then stops in front of her house and looks up to see in the window her mother and father yelling and fighting. Their screams and shouts visible through the window and letting the whole neighborhood hear. Annika sighs dreadfully and enters the house. She unlocks the door and steps inside the messy home and the smell of beer welcomes her. She gags at the smell and goes into the kitchen to see stacks of beers on the table.

"You don't pay the fuckin taxes Markus! I can't even fend for myself. It's always you and your beers and your whores every fuckin night. Why else do you think I'm never around?!" She heard her mother yell at her father. And she heard her father scoff.

"You don't give me fun times anymore." He says which makes her mother scream in anger and she pushes him.

"I can't do this anymore! Annika and I have har enough of you and your lazy ass! I'm sick of it! You just leave me to fend for this family! I can't even pay for Annika's college! She's leaving in 5 months Markus! And I can't even pay for that! Wake up! It's time for you to help me or I'm out." Her mother says and Annika freezes. She couldn't bear it anymore. She storms into the living room to see her parents both there. Her mother turns around and freezes along with her father. Annika had tears in her eyes and she rolls her eyes as she passes her father.

"Don't roll your eyes at me missy." Her father slurs and turns her around. She pulls her arm back and glared at him.

"Don't touch me." She whispers and she turns to her mom and hugs her.

"Are you okay?" She asked her mother and checked for any wounds. Her mother smiles and nodded.

"I'm fine." She says and their moment was cut short of when her father chuckles and soon grabs Annika and pulls her away from her mother. Annika screams and her mother grabs her arm to pull her back.

"It's time to show your father some love to." He says and turns Annika around and tries to kiss her. Annika face soon turns into disgust and she soon spits in his face.

"Why you bit-" Annika interrupts him and punched his face. He yelled and howled in pain. She then looked at her mother and grabbed the home phone and gave it to her mother. Before she could say anything,she ran away with her mother calling after her. Annika runs through the rain and goes into her hideout which was an old house that was abandoned for quite some time. Her mother only knew of it and would quite often join her. Annika felt tears escape her eyes as she sets down her bag. She then leaned against the doorframe and sobbed uncontrollably as she slid down to the floor. She then reached into her bag and got out 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 book and held it against her chest.

"I wish you were real. Take me away...take me away from this awful place." She sobbed out and went to the resumed page of her book then started to read as wiped away her tears. Then suddenly,her eyes slowly started to close and a faint voice was heard before she fully started to pass out.

"You wish has been granted."