5♡︎Nightmares in Color

Art Credit: Larahhhhhhish🌺 on Twitter

(Trigger Warning! Verbal abuse and slight self harm! If you are uncomfortable with these or if these will hurt you in anyway please do not read. I will give summary in next chapter! Stay safe!)

POV: 2nd

Running. Running. Running. All you did was run.
You didn't know what from. You didn't know why. Your mind fought on if you should look back. Shivers ran down your spine and thunderous steps made their way toward you. Something forced you head to spin back. All you could see was a giant black figure. It's white glossy eyes made their gaze down to yours. You could feel yourself freeze in place. You couldn't run. You couldn't scream. You were trapped. The grasp of the monster held onto you firmly as it's claws dug deep into you skin. "No! No! Let me go!!" You tried to scream. But not a sound came escaped from your dry and mute throat. All was quiet except the sound of your heart beat. You could feel your body slip away into the darkness of its mouth. Nothing could save you.

You sat up in a sweat. Your breath was heavy and hitched. Your eyesight was blurry while your tears thickly covered your cornea. You couldn't see if he was there. You couldn't see if anyone was there. Your body jumped up on its own and threw you towards the small room behind the curtain. Everything was coming and going so fast. You crawled your way into a corner and grabbed the nearest plush. All you wanted to do was scream as you dug your nails into you skin. The thoughts began to rush to your head as you began to repeat them in whisper. You rocked back and forth as the cursed words left your mouth. You looked down at your blurry hands as they shook. You squeezed your eyes tightly shut. The hands found themselves up to your neck and began to scratch repetitively for any source of pain. "Punishment" you thought. "Pitiful.." the words stung like an eel biting off your fingers. Your head spun in circles.

"Thud". A noise came from the other room. "Sunflower? Where are you?" It was Sun. He was looking for you. You cupped your hands with your mouth. You didn't want him to see you like this. You looked like a mess, a pathetic mess. But, through the thoughts, a few whimpers escaped your throat. "S-sunflower? Are you crying?" He crawled into the room with you and gasped softly. "Oh my sunflower. What has turned your weather from clear skies to heavy showers??" He said with deep worry. His weather references almost made you grin. He took his hand and placed it on your head. Putting his other hand out, he gestured for you to go over to him. You hesitantly crawled over and into his arms. You could feel yourself settle into his comforting embrace. You tried to cry in silence but he began to rub your back. "Shh shhhh sunflower. Just cry it out". His gentle voice was so soothing it made your entire body relax into his. You hitched every once in awhile from your crying hiccups. But eventually it all began to fade.

You sat back and looked at him with tears flooding your eyes. "Oh my sunflower. Whatever made your happy smile turn upside down, you do not have to share. Just know you are as safe with me as I am with you" he said pulling you back in for a soft hug. You could feel you stomach dance in the happiness and kindness you thought had been lost in your life. "Hey, wanna go draw or do finger painting? I have glitter glue. And googly eyes. Anything to make you smile my Sunflower" His sudden question made you softly giggle and you nodded your head at his request. He then picked you up into his arms like a white knight and said, "Then let us go, my Sunflower"

~A/N~

Hey hey loves! This entire thing was a vent and form of comfort for me. Sun is my comfort character and I really needed this. I hope in some strange way this might have helped you as well. It was quite short, Ik. I'm sorry. I will try to put more in next time! This is my first story I've ever continued on, so don't expect too much from me. I hope it wasn't too much too early, and I hope y'all have a good day/night!❤️
Bye bye~🌸